Chapter 10: Analogous

Overtime, through many detours and delays that simply built up overtime, you made it to the familiar villages you grew up around. It was evening and knowing Kokushibo may arrive soon did lead you to sprint the rest of the way home - not that that was an issue, you travelled fast after training.

You stepped into the grounds, it was dutifully dreary. There was the smell of human blood, you could smell it. It made you look around for any traces of a body left - the smell wafted from your neighbour's home, so you walked into your home.

Surēbu was there, sweeping the floor as you barged in. He looked surprised at your appearance, "mistress!? Y-Yaku! Mistress is back! You're back!" He exclaimed and you grabbed his neck. He choked at the sudden grip, the change of your aura and everything about you. He couldn't see you as a human, he saw you as a monster.

"Tell me what you know... about what happened to my neighbour..." you demanded, tightening your grip, "answer me!" You barked, not making it any easier for the demon.

Yaku put a hand on your shoulder and in an instant, you dropped Surēbu and sent your hand to Yaku. His head fell clean off, "don't touch me, you filth!" You spat, rubbing your hand of his touch.

"Y-You were gone for over a year... d-demons began repopulating the area in your absence so maybe the demon is still in there." Surēbu confessed, you kicked his head off cleanly and turned around, leaving to check on the woman who lived beside you. She was around your age, slightly older, so you always bonded about your differences which led to how the pair of you were. If she died, it would have been a shame.

You kicked open her door and saw her hugging her youngest child while a demon stood over her, axes for hands as he turned to look at you. You glared and watched as he stared - an aura so menacing even the woman you were trying to save ran off with her youngest. You picked the man by the neck, watching as he tried to cut into you. An axe to your cheek, you carried him outside where he began to burn. He looked at you as you tightened your grip until his bones cracked, he tried to fight back while the Sun set behind him and you walked into your home with the demon, he was thrown into the cellar where your (around) 18 demons sat dormant. They woke to the barking protests of the demon you couldn't even hear over your own fury. He felt you rip off his head in shock and choked out what he could. You shackled his head roughly to the wall, facing the wall and upside down, there you dug into his meaty wound and took hold of the nerve holding his brain. You didn't once speak, nor shout. You dashed his brain across the room silently before getting his body and beating it. Beating it until you felt better and the head stopped wailing. You broke every bone in its body with the way you stomped and kicked and lashed out at it. And when all was done and it regenerated: you cut it up and hung them far away. You had other things in store.

Hands still bloody, you left the room, sighing. Yaku and Surēbu stood there, healed from however long you were down in the cellar for. You left the house without any regard for them and went back to your neighbour, the door still wide open and her crying heard from the other room. You looked at the blood laying around the room - someone had died.

"Yuna?" She called fearfully, you hummed gently, "Yuna! Oh my goodness Yuna!" She called and burst through a door, running into you and hugging you, "Yuna! Oh my God." She sighed and squeezed you, "you're finally back, it's been terrible without you... they... it ravaged my boy... the middle one... I-it left him here and told me if I ever threw him out, my youngest would be next... Yuna... I'm so glad you're back... please... It took my baby from me." The woman sobbed and begged into your thighs as she fell to her knees, still holding onto you.

"Don't worry, you'll be safe now. And when I'm done, I swear, your children will never feel the need to even fight for this cause. I'm truly sorry I left for so long," you got on your knees and cupped her face, the terrible smell of demon blood filling both of your nostrils as she cried, "but I'm back, and I won't rest until I'm so powerful, you couldn't imagine it," you swore, though it was half hearted. You knew you weren't doing it for her.