Chapter 30: Hashira Training, Cruel Or Lenient?

The next morning, as you were watching the slayers work, they seemed reluctant at first to listen to you, but Mitsuri had rushed over when she woke up and heard the news. She hugged you and you let her, looking at the students and ordering them to continue, before you put in your own ideas.

The extent Muichiro would sleep, it was beyond your understanding, the kid slept until way after lunch time where you fed everyone under a delivery from one of Tengen's wives. It was Suma, as you found out while she stayed to talk for some time. The other two were Hinatsuru and Makio. You spoke to her for some time before watching as some slayers began their work again. They mentioned how Muichiro would fight them, but you deny that going against you was a waste of time.

One approached you, poking your shoulder and bowing tiredly, before looking at your sitting figure as you glanced at your map of the master estate for where the bamboo forest may be. Though you knew it wouldn't be there - Amane tried as she may to find the map or location of the previous master estate. She gave you that in case it hadn't moved. Just a way to kill time. Looking up at him, he requested a fight, saying he thought he was ready to go to the next pillar. You raised an eyebrow. Since Muichiro still hadn't woken up, you stood up and pulled out your katana. He swallowed at the formidable sight and braced his sword, "if you can even nick me, I'll let you go to the next pillar." You smiled at him. He gripped his sword tighter.

"You'll be fine! She's not a pillar!" One of his friends called. You laughed and sighed.

"True, so best of luck." You wished him. One strike - blocked before anyone could even see your arm move. He tried again, and again, different angles, different strengths and every tally different heights. You looked at the map as you blocked everything.

And he gave up after a while, panting and dropping his sword and then to his knees. You sheathed your sword and folded the map, putting it to the side and looking at him. "Good job kid, but maybe try harder." You crouched to his level. You stood up quickly and pushed someone off of your back, when you turned around, another student was trying to get to you. "No cheating." You ordered and grabbed the kid, "should I send you back one?" You threatened. He closed his eyes and you put him down, "I appreciate the guts though. Alright, back to training everyone." You snapped your finger and saw as the slayers began working on their own again. Then you saw a familiar face, tall, unruly hair done strangely and purple. You smiled at him as he looked at you and covered his face.

Muichiro arrived at that moment, smiling at the boy before seeing everyone at work and getting his sword. He guided newcomers to you. You crossed your arms and saw the boy approach you, you ruffled his head, you hadn't realised until you got a closer look, that he had yellow tips.

"Wall boy! Welcome!" You greeted him. He felt his face warm at your nickname.

"My name is Genya..." he muttered and you whistled.

"Well, welcome Genya! You remind me of Sanemi." You pointed out.

"He's my brother..." he mumbled as you got a better look at him. There wasn't much of a similarity between them. Black hair, far taller, different clothes, different facial structure. You pinched his cheeks and looked at him, the only similarity was probably the eye colour and the scar on both of their faces.

"Who am I to say otherwise, demon boy?" You shrugged. He looked startled at the claim, "what? You smell like a demon." You pointed out.

"You do too." He retorted. You chuckled.

"Hm, well I never said I was human, ooo~" you teased and patted his shoulder, "I like your gall." You claimed.

"T-Thank you..." he put his head down and you rubbed his back.