Chapter 19: Mutant

It didn't help for the Hashira that they weren't a chemistry of people that suited each other. Shinobu did sometimes bond with Sanemi over Kanae but their personalities didn't mingle very well. Neither did any of the others. There was still heavy tension with Tanjiro carrying a demon - who wasn't with him at the moment.

"S-So what are your names?" Isamu smiled at them forcefully. He didn't want to be there as much as the others.

"Shinazugawa," Sanemi introduced, looking away.

"Kocho, hello!" Shinobu greeted him with a placid smile.

"Tokito." Muichiro looked upwards. He looked towards the other three there after.

"I'm Tanjiro, Tanjiro Komado. My blond friend is Zenitsu and he's Inosuke." Tanjiro introduced all of them nicely.

"Nice meeting you all." Isamu nodded and was left in the silence again, "so..." he offered after a while, growing done with the silence.

"Look, we don't like you." Muichiro said it as it was. Isamu wasn't so surprised, he could read a room but he didn't have any other choice really. He nodded and thought of rebutting, but as a newcomer - it wasn't his intention. Plus, as the eldest there at the moment: he should set an example.

"Tokito you should be more wary of what you say! Apologise!" Shinobu scolded and ordered the boy, who huffed and looked at her blankly.

"Who are you again?" He looked at her. She sighed and looked back at Isamu,

"I feel we haven't started on the best of notes. We could possibly be friends, though!" She announced and watched Isamu nod.

"Is Mizuchi your friend?" He questioned.

"It's hard to say with her... she might see us as friends or maybe she doesn't. I don't know." Tanjiro responded to him.

"Well, if she sees you guys as her friends then I'll be more than happy to try and be your friend also. But if she doesn't then... I'm not too interested." Isamu confessed, squatting on his feet and holding the position. He was playing with his hair, which was black - fading into a lighter red below. He had it short and approachable, like the average man. He blended in as the average man.

"Well if she likes you then I'll be more than happy to tolerate you." Sanemi offered and looked at him, "but I don't like your likes." He pointed out.

"I don't think many people like Mizuchi and myself." He confessed with a dutiful smile, he looked at them as they seemed shocked, "be honest, did you like her when you first met her?" He cocked his head to the side. There was silence and a moment of thought.

"I'll be honest, I was scared of her." Tanjiro laughed hopelessly and scratched his cheek.

"Same! I didn't even think she was real!" Zenitsu agreed, Inosuke just grunting.

"She ignores me." Inosuke huffed in agitation.

"I... actually didn't." Shinobu confessed, "she wouldn't let me tease Tomioka." She giggled and smiled, "she's better now." She promised.

"Who is she again?" Muichiro asked, looking around.

"She wasn't always in my good books and honestly, I still don't like her. But I do respect her." Sanemi concluded.

"Then let's hope you guys will be the same as myself." Isamu nodded and looked upwards. Another dreadful silence where no one wanted to talk.

You eventually descended, landing back where you took off gracefully and lightly. The mood was clear to you that they had a heavy conversation, not that it was a surprise. But you came carrying news and that would be what you delivered. You spun and posed, looking at them all, "he can be a pillar!" You announced and they all looked shocked, "but, he needs to go against all of the current and alive previous Hashira. If he can beat you all, then he's eligible for a free pass into the estate." You explained, "and if he makes it, he can either learn flame breathing or I'll teach him. Because he needs a breathing style to be a pillar." You explained and they all nodded, looking at Isamu who grinned up at Mizuchi. "If he failed even once, he can't be a Hashira so don't be easy on him if you don't like him." You told the others and looked up at the sky to check the time. It was past noon and you did want to visit Tamayo.