Chapter 12: Prostitute

After your mission, you returned at the request of Kagaya from your crow. You walked in and saw all of them crowded around a tied up boy, red hair, magenta-maroon eyes. You didn't bother too much with the appearance and watched from the tree that Iguro sat in. When he woke up, he resisted as each Hashira made a comment about him. You just gazed on silently. What had a fellow demon slayer tied so violently? Sanemi picked up a box. It looked light by the way he carried it with one hand. And then he stuck his blade into it. You cocked up an eyebrow as blood protruded. The boy gasped in shock. Something about a demon. Well, you never heard of a demon with a demon slayer before. But you didn't speak. The boy stood up and went for Sanemi - Giyuu shouted in protest about the fight and you couldn't help but laugh when Sanemi was headbutt by the boy.

Kagaya appeared and all of them bowed, you were still grinning from the kid's gutsy nature but you just watched from the tree as Kagaya spoke. You weren't listening all too much, and then you were, when Giyuu's name was mentioned and the word seppuku. Your memory jogged back as you saw Giyuu's face not move, and you realised what was said. Huh!? The boy would commit seppuku for a demon!? And Sakonji!? You were in shock - as was everyone else. Sanemi wasn't buying it, he stabbed the box a few more times in fact and tossed it into the shade where he too went and slashed his arm. The demon came out - a cute little girl who had a bamboo muzzle. She was drooling at the scent of a Marechi. If she hadn't eaten human - this would be a prime time for her to eat. Iguro had his elbow on the redhead.

The boy was struggling as you watched. He resisted so violently you thought he was going to rupture something. Not that it would matter to you. You didn't know the kid. He screamed, the rope snapped and you watched as Iguro tried to hold him down again. Giyuu held him back. That was when it clicked, Giyuu liked the kid.

Your eyebrows raised in surprise and the boy ran for the demon. Calling her name, Nezuko. She heard, and she turned away from the dripping blood. You clapped from where you were, maybe there was some humanity left in the demon. You could always check. The two were carried off, the boy returned demanding to get back at Sanemi for stabbing his sister. Ah they were siblings. You chortled at the scene, how Muichiro silenced him and he was carried away. And then, the group dispersed.

You went to Giyuu, who looked at you up and down, "ah you're back," he hummed and you nodded, "Shinobu told us about you going on a mission and that you were sorry," he brushed off, "you came back soon though..." he looked away. You went and rested your arms on his shoulders lovingly, he only sighed at the habit you would never let go of.

"Do you like that boy?" You nodded to the butterfly mansion where he was led to.

"Hm?" He hummed and turned to look at you.

"The redhead... you like him, don't you? You'd never risk your life like that... nor would you resist another Hashira for someone..." you whispered, he looked forward.

"His sister was turned into a demon but when I got to them... she protected him. A newly formed demon... protecting a human... It... reminded me of my own sister." He confessed without making eye contact with you.

"Protecting you no matter what." You sang in agreement.

"He trained under Sakonji... I suppose I feel that he's like a brother to me," he continued without much emotion in his tone, your breath hitched internally - Giyuu wasn't the kind for such strong emotions and still, there he was confessing to feeling a brotherhood with him,

"After promising your life for the honour of the boy and his sister, I'm still somehow surprised," you sighed with a gentle smile, pulling him closer and hugging him, "I'm happy for you, Giyuu," muttered yourself under your breath, he let his hand rest on your arms as you pridefully hugged him, "well, not only is he a water breather, but you also see him as a brother. Guess I like him by default." You shrugged.