chapter 12

Lyric was taken aback when Allen's lips brushed against hers. She closed her eyes and allowed the kiss to deepen, letting Allen come a little closer. He twirled her hair around his fingers once again and held her next to him. Lyric squirmed a little to get on his knee, and put her hands on his shoulders, kissing Allen with as much passion as he was showing her. She felt him smile against the kiss as she parted her lips, letting him in.

Allen pulled away and stared at his friend. Lyric blinked a couple of times, causing her blue watery eyes to sparkle with thought. "What are you thinking about?"

"I..." Lyric couldn't tell him that she was thinking about Ben. How when he figured out her friend was a guy, he sounded hurt, and maybe a little jealous. How would he feel if he figured out I just made out with my best friend? "That was...awesome." she laughed.

Allen looked relieved. "I'm glad you enjoyed it." he chuckled.

"Yeah." Lyric realised she was still sitting on Allen's knee, but she doubted he cared. She moved around a little bit to get comfortable, and leaned against Allen's shoulder.

"Are you okay?" Allen asked, worried. Lyric had turned a light greenish color, and her eyes suddenly turned grey.

"Yeah, I..I'm fine." She lifted her head and looked at him. His eyes were full of feeling and worry.

Allen got up and lifted Lyric into his arms. "I might as well take you home. It's almost seven."

Lyric set her head back on Allen's arm, breathing air down his muscular neck. She felt him shiver, so she held her breath.

She was set on the bed in the spare bedroom while Allen ran around packing some of Lyric's clothes in her bag. Lyric fell backwards, resting her head on the plush pillows.

"Lyric?" Allen rushed over to her side and checked her pulse. It was racing faster than normal. Lyric gasped for air at the last second before she started to cough. Lyric's head started spinning, and she forgot where she was. Her vision blurred, and the next thing she knew she was in a huge white room with people in white coats surrounding her. Allen was sitting at the foot of the bed she was laying in, holding her hand, which had a needle poking into a vein. Lyric looked to the side of her to see Rory almost in tears. Lillith was standing next to him, holding a tissue to her nose to hide her small sobs. Someone cleared their throat on the other side of her, and when she turned her head she saw Ben standing there, staring deep into her eyes.

"W-what happened?" Lyric mumbled. Her voice was raspy and deep. Her words barely came out as a whisper.

"We have no idea. The doctors think you had an anxiety attack and passed out." Rory explained.

"Lyric, you had me scared to death! I'm so glad you're okay!" Suddenly she was yanked up into a pair of familiar muscular arms. Allen sounded like he was sobbing into her ear as he stroked her hair. He pulled away from the hug and looked into Lyric's eyes. Allen moved his face closer and consumed her in a worried kiss. Lyric shot a glance towards Ben, who's face was crinkled in confusion. But that face turned from confused, to hurt, to anger. Lyric couldn't help it though. Even though she hated to admit it, she had feelings for Allen, and having Ben there couldn't change that. She closed her eyes and let herself enjoy the needing embrace and love Allen was giving her.

"Eh hem." A rough deep voice interrupted. Allen pulled away and looked up at Lyric's father. "Well  this is unexpected." Rory smirked.

"Tell me about it." Ben mumbled, looking out the big glass window. Cars were speeding down the freeway, trying to get to their destination in time. Lyric looked up at Ben and felt like crying.

"Ben, I'm sorry." She whispered, but Ben didn't hear her. Or he just ignored her, too angry to speak to her face.

"Lyric, I wished you would have told me about this." Rory smiled. Lyric was surprised that her father was grinning at the fact that she and Allen just made out in front of him, but she didn't want to ruin it.

"I'm sorry Rory, I didn't know until this weekend." Lyric squeezed Allen's hand she didn't realize she was holding. Allen looked at her and smiled.

"That's alright baby. I'm just glad you found a nice guy who will treat you well. Isn't that right, boy?" Rory reached over and ruffled Allen's hair like he was five.

"Um, yes sir. Of course." Lyric looked over to her boyfriend. Allen is her boyfriend, right? Of course he is. Allen was smiling nervously towards Rory, who was giving him a warning stare. Lyric took a glance over towards Ben, but he wasn't there. The door swung shut, announcing that he had left a few seconds ago.

Great. Lyric thought. This is exactly what I didn't want to happen.

Suddenly the door opened back up, but instead of Ben coming back, a dark mysterious figure stalked in and made their way to the bed. He looked over at Allen, and then to Lyric. "Hey." He mumbled.

"Zane?" Lyric whispered. "What are you doing here?"

"Hey, I'm not a total bad guy. I heard something happened to you, so I decided to come see you." Zane took a step toward Lyric and sat next to Allen.

"Okay, but, why did you come? You don't even know me. Not really." Lyric sat up a little to get a look at Zane's hooded face. He was wearing a dark black sweatshirt with his hood up  over his shaggy black hair. His green eyes sparked out of the mask the sweatshirt was creating, sending Lyric ino a state of confusion as her stomach started twittering with butterflies.

"Why wouldn't I come? You came to me to try and help, and I was a jerk. So, I'm coming to you when you need help, and I promise I won't be a jerk again." Zane explained, his smooth voice sending chills up Lyric's spine.

"Um, thanks Zane." Allen shifted, showing signs of his uncomfortableness. Lyric felt sorry, but not sorry enough to tell Zane to leave. She didn't know what it was, but something attracted her to Zane. Like they had some kind of a spiritual connection. Zane still had his head hidden behind his hood, but that didn't stop Lyric from seeing the wink he sent her way. Butterflies appeared in her stomach again as she looked away from the handsome boy sitting at the end of her bed.

No, I can't think like this. I'm in love with Allen, not Zane. But why do I have these feelings for Zane, and why does Zane give me all the jittery feelings when Allen doesn't? Why does love have to be so confusing!?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys, I know it's short, but next chapter will be really interesting, and I didn't want to give too much away in this chapter. Thanks for reading! I love you so much guys!