Chapter 10

I AM SO SORRY I HAVEN'T WRITTEN IN SUCH A LONG TIME!! I have tests I have to study for and friends i have to hang out with...but I'm back! Thanks for sticking by me! I love you all!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Lyric....Lyric....'

Lyric sat up in a huge bed, definitely not her own. "What?"

A soft whisper responded almost right in her ear. 'Lyric....' The breath that brushed past her face sent instant shivers down her spine. 'Lyric....'

Suddenly, the scene changed and she was in some kind of teachers lounge. But instead of coffee tables and a small fridge, the room was huge with dark blue walls and dim lighting. Across from the door was a video game stand, and next to that stood a circular table. Faint music was playing in the background, some kind of jazz. There weren't very many people here, just some kids from Lyric's school. She could see Jesse, Abby, Liz, and...Ben?

Ben walked up to Lyric's side and took her hand. Somehow she knew they were going over to the table next to the video game, but Ben stopped halfway there and sat on the ground. His legs were folded in a pretzel fashion, and Lyric leaned against his arm, her head resting on his shoulder, and her legs off to the side.

"Aren't we going to go eat?" She asked.

Ben didn't respond at first. He turned his head so his hair covered his eyes, but the color of his irises shined through. "I like this position better."

Lyric felt his fingers entwine with hers, and they sat there for what seemed like hours, but was probably only minutes.

But then her heart started to race. Her body went cold and she started to shake. 'what's happening?' She thought to herself. 'What's going on?'

Then she knew. Allan was walking toward her, her necklace in his hand. As he got closer, she could see a tear sliding ever so slowly down his cheek.

"Lyric, w-what are you doing?" He stuttered. Ben didn't seem to notice Allan was coming even closer. It was like he wasn't even there.

"Allan, I-I can explain!" But what could she explain? Why would she explain anything, her and Allan, they were just friends. But, wasn't Ben just her friend too? Then, why was she holding hands with him?

"I thought we had something!" Allan's voice stopped quivering and became deep and mysterious. His eyes dropped down to the key in his hand. He opened his other hand that held his lock. The key was placed inside the hole and the memorable song started to play. Another tear fell from Allan's eyes, just before he snapped the key in half and threw the remains across the room. Lyric gasped.

"Allan!"

"I'm sorry, Lyric." His words were muffled as he started to fade away. He became blurry, until he looked just like colorful mist in a human form. "I just can't believe this." Then he disappeared completely.

"Allan!" Lyric screamed, jumping from her bed. She looked around the room, and remembered she was in Allan's spare bedroom in his new apartment. It was a dream! She cried in her head.

"Lyric! Lyric are you okay?!" Allan rushed into the room wearing only a pair of boxers. Lyric blushed as her eyes landed on the deep red fabric.

"Yeah, I'm okay. Just, a bad dream." She felt childish explaining why she had screamed his name. "You were in it, that's why I called out your name."

"Oh, okay." Allan seemed to have woken up completely, and was obviously embarrassed to be standing in front of Lyric in his underwear.

"Yeah. I'm just, uh, gonna go back to sleep. G'night Allan...again." Lyric yawned as she pulled the covers back over her shivering body.

"'Night Lyric." He turned and shut the door behind his half-naked figure. Lyric shut her eyes, but was afraid that if she really did get back to sleep, she would have another nightmare.

"Morning!" Allan greeted as Lyric entered the kitchen. "Get any more sleep last night?"

Lyric yawned and shook her head. "Not really. I woke up every half hour after my dream." Her finger twitched, signaling that that statement was a complete lie. The truth was, she tried to stay awake, but fell asleep every half hour. She forced herself to wake up just before the dream repeated itself.

"Well that's too bad. I made some eggs!" Lyric looked up at Allan's gleaming face as he signaled towards the burnt meal on the oven.

"Wow, it looks, delicious!" Lyric giggled. Allan smirked.

"Hey, don't be so judgmental. I don't usually make breakfast. There's a fast food place down the road that serves every meal."

"You're gonna get fat." Lyric stated as she sat down. Allan dished her a plate of eggs and placed it in front of her.

"Nah, I work out." He grunted as he lifted an imaginary weight in his hand. Lyric smiled.

"Oh do you..." She mumbled, with eggs stuffed in her mouth.

"Don't talk with your mouth full, Missy. I'm the one who's going to be cleaning up after you!" Allan brought her a napkin and wiped up the eggs that fell off of her plate.

Lyric swallowed her food and responded, "Allan, I'm not a child. I can clean up after myself. I'm nineteen, you know."

"Yeah, yeah, but you eat like a five year old."

Lyric laughed as she lightly punched him in the arm. "Shut up."

"Uh uh, freedom of speech, read the constitution!" Allan chuckled, rubbing his arm.

Lyric smiled as Allan laughed, his lock bouncing with every breath he took. She subconsciously checked her throat, but remembered that she had taken her necklace off before she went to sleep, considering that it reached down to her stomach. She secretly hoped she hadn't broken it during her dream.

She finished her eggs and got up to wash her plate, but Allan stopped her. "Um, no. I'll do the work today. You're my guest!"

Lyric laughed and agreed to let him take her plate. Less work for her! "Fine. I'm gonna go re-pack my stuff. I have exams to study for." Lyric turned and stepped down the hallway, and her finger twitched again. 'fine, I'm checking on my key!' She screamed in her head.

"Okay, I'll be here!" Allan called after her. Lyric sprinted to the table next to the bed she slept in and sighed in relief to find the key in perfect order, not a scratch on it. She smiled as she looked at the engraved 'L' on one side, then flipped it over to examine the 'A' on the other.

She lifted up the pillow resting on the top of the bed and grabbed her phone, realizing she had never even read Ben's response from last night. She flipped open the phone and read,

.....It's a guy?

Lyric stared at the phone, sensing the hurt from the message. 'Wait, does Ben really like me like that?' She whispered. She set the phone back down and fell backward onto the mattress, dismissing the fact that she still had to pack her things and leave in less than two hours.