Chapter 290: The Festival of Hearts (pt. V)

Start from the beginning

"Thanks for the offer, Garret, but we'll have to decline. We don't really drink wine that much, so that's a little..." [Grey]

"Oh? Can I get you something else then?" [Garret]

"Water would be much appreciated." [Grey]

"For me, fruit juice would be fine. I want it to be iceless though." [Yuna]

"Alright, water and orange juice it is." [Garret]

The young lord raised one his hands and signaled one of the servants from afar. Soon enough, a waiter came forward towards them, bringing them an assortment of drinks and a glass of water.

Of course, as usual, Yuna was the one to put the amount of ice in her drinks. Though she made some to chill it, she made sure it was not cold enough that she got a brain freeze. She couldn't handle something too cold, after all.

"I already expected it, but still... The Boss and Lady Boss really are something. You even stand out more than royalty." [Garret]

"Fufufu! You're praising us too much, Garret." [Yuna]

"No! That's not true at all! Boss and Lady Boss are simply too amazing! Not even princes and princesses could compare to you two. You've even nabbed everyone's hearts in just a single dance! You're the best!" [Garret]

He was quite overzealous, alright, singing praises of Grey and Yuna every chance he could. He had been admiring them for so long, it wouldn't be an exaggeration to say he's one of their biggest fans. They were his idols.

A bit more fanboying from Garret and a couple more compliments later, the sound of laughs and giggles resounded in the air. There really wasn't much to think about, they simply chatted with whatever topic which came to mind.

"Then, I'll be going around now, Boss, Lady Boss. Please let me know if you ever need something." [Garret]

"Fufufu! Thank you, Garret." [Yuna]

Having chatted with them for minutes already, Garret finally took his leave. Though he wanted to chat more, being the son of the host and the next lord of Erdea, he also needed to entertain some people and form connections with them.

And speaking of connections, such was forming all over the place. Even now, Julius and Iris are surrounded by people of the same age wanting to create bonds with the Kingdom of Alfrione. The Princess Royal was now in formal mode once again.

Well, it's not like Grey and Yuna couldn't relate to what's happening with them, quite a number of people were still eyeing them even when they were standing still, with eyes like that of a predator's. It made them recall a scene just a while ago.

"It's a pleasure to finally meet you, Your Highnesses, I am......"

"Archduke Grey, Archduchess Yuna, you're just as beautiful as I've heard......"

"I have heard of your might for so long. To think I would meet such Heroes......"

"You really are as gorgeous as the rumors say, Your Highnesses!"

It was a headache, a long line of nobles, royals, and important people trying to form connections with them. Though it was tiring, they still needed to entertain them to not sour the mood of the party. It was very taxing.

And because of their match against Richter just the other day, people became even more interested in them. Especially the knights and escorts. Many of them wanted to spar with them even when they knew full well how powerful they were.

"Mngg... I really don't want to deal with them..." [Yuna]

"Hahaha. Then, should we take a little break?" [Grey]