Chapter 286: The Festival of Hearts (pt. I)

Start from the beginning

"Ladies and Gentlemen! Please welcome Kalleo, the Firemaster~!!!"

And just as they turned about the street, they witnessed a man swallowing blazing fire with his bare mouth. There was no hesitation in his eyes, swallowing it whole. A loud round of applause echoing soon after.

"Ohh~! Grey, can you swallow fire too?!" [Yuna]

"Yuna, don't try to kill off your fiancé now... Though, I'm also curious..." [Grey]

"Right~? It shouldn't be a problem for us, right?" [Yuna]

For some strange reason, seeing the man swallow fire made the two interested in it. With them being as tough and resilient as they are, it most likely wouldn't hurt them even a tiny bit. Still, they couldn't help but be a little bit curious.

Especially Yuna, she was a dangerous one. Now, she's even thinking of using a bit of alchemy to strengthen the flames and imbue them with some special properties. After all, an alchemist's thirst for knowledge can never be truly quenched.

"Julius, would you come here for a little bit. We just want to talk with you."  [Grey]

"Don't try to f*ck with me! I heard your conversation full well! Don't you dare try to test your experiments on me!" [Julius]

"Come on now, it shouldn't hurt that much... probably..." [Grey]

"Un! And we can always heal you if ever something does go wrong." [Yuna]

"That's exactly what I'm afraid of! Hey! Don't you dare go near me! Get away from me, you damn lunatics!" [Julius]

A loud scream echoed in the air, one full of fear and desperation. Though with how loud the place was, the prince's scream of help was barely noticeable. Fear crept inside his heart as Grey and Yuna drew closer to them.

After all, he already knew Grey and Yuna very well. He knows that if there ever was something they are curious about, they would surely try it no matter what. He quickly ran away with all his might, not wasting any more time to get away from the two.

"Aww... He ran away... Grey, you scared him." [Yuna]

"Me? You were the one who had the scariest face, My Dear. You should have seen how terrifying your face was." [Grey]

"It was...? I was just joking, you know? I would never hurt a friend." [Yuna]

"Really now? Somehow, I doubt that." [Grey]

Yuna was just a little but curious, nothing too serious. She wouldn't actually hurt a person just to satisfy her curiosity... Probably. Well, what matters is that no one was hurt today. The Festival of Hearts was still fine and merry.

And so, with Julius running away, there were only five of them left. Yet despite such a fact, they didn't feel even a little bit lonelier. The Festival of Hearts was simply too filled with cheerfulness, smiles and laughter floating about all over the place.

"Everyone, let's get going, shall we?" [Grey]

Without further ado, everyone continued exploring the Festival with eyes filled with curiosity, excitement, and enthusiasm. They played all sorts of games and watched all sorts of shows, seeing quite the spectacle they have never seen before.

Of course, along with the beautiful sights, there were also ones which could only be described as, well... disturbing... They were simply straight up absurd and extreme, only a few people enjoying them, laughing as loudly as they could.

An example of this were the people dancing naked on the stage, wearing only flower heads as a costume and only a leaf covering their private parts. The way they danced was also like dying earthworms laced with salt. How truly disturbing.