𝔗𝔴𝔬 𝔐𝔬𝔯𝔢 𝔚𝔢𝔢𝔨𝔰

Mulai dari awal

Kai was on the verge of protest, but a subtle gesture from Jack dissuaded him.

Kai sighed, taking a deep breath before conceding, "Fine. But we need to be careful."

Mina's excitement soared at the prospect of finally participating in a major case, while Jack, still smiling, received his next set of instructions.

"Jack, you're going to help us get Leonardo. It's been a month already, we need to take action now! Jack, you're going to go the hotel, and speak to his cousin, Emiliano. Just try and get enough information out of him, but don't let him know you're a cop."

Jack accepted the task with determination and exited the room to fulfill his mission.

"Good luck Jack!" Mina said smiling.

Jack smiled, before taking a deep breath and heading out.

He had to succeed.

Jacquon Smith never backed down from a case, even if it meant his life being at risk.

*****************

Before Jack went to the hotel, he realized he needed a drink and stopped at a nearby bar.

The bar exuded an air of darkness and secrecy, seemingly a hub for illicit activities.

But, a little danger never hurt anybody!

Jack confidently entered, reflecting on the thrill of a little danger.

As he entered, all eyes in the bar fixed upon him. Jack called out,

"Hey y'all! Is anyone here selling wine, the red burgundy kind?"

The bartender and a man beside him exchanged amused glances.

The bartender whispered,

"Wine in a bar? Red burgundy? Is this kid serious?"

Well? Y'all got it or not? I gotta long day ahead of me, I need some good stuff!," Jack requested with a sigh.

The man, whom the bartender had been speaking to, stood up and smirked at Jack.

Jack was about slap the shit out of the man for scaring him, until he realized who it was.

"Emiliano!" Jack exclaimed, quickly covering his outburst.

The people in the bar grew suspicious, and Emiliano seized Jack's arm firmly, demanding to know his identity.

"Who are you?" Emiliano said angrily.

Jack tensed and scrambled to create a believable story. "I'm Carter, you uh... slept with my mama! Yeah! Now she got diseases! That's why I'm here, for my mama! You gotta pay her medical bills!"

Emiliano tensed, before the whole bar erupted into laughter.

"Really Emil? You slept with an old woman? You're down bad man!" The bartender said laughing.

Emiliano scowled at the laugher and ushered Jack outside, where he demanded to know what Jack wanted.

"Look man. I probably did do something with your mom, but I'm not sure who it is because I sleep with many people! I didn't give her any disease, she probably already had before! What do you want from me in return, cagna?" Emiliano said angrily.

Jack wore a sly grin as he contemplated his options, and silently ticked them off on his fingers.

Emiliano rolled his eyes, as he thought Jack would ask for money, in thousands possibly.

"Well, you could give me ten thousand, or you could get me a meeting with Leonardo De Luca." Jack said smirking.

Emiliano's suspicions flared, prompting him to seize Jack's arm forcefully once more.

With an irritated roll of his eyes, Emiliano angrily demanded, "What do you want with Leo?"

Jack smirked, maintaining his smug expression and proposed, "I want to be apart of the De Luca mafia. I think I have the strength for it, see?" Jack said as he punctuated his claim with a display of random karate moves.

Emiliano, exasperated by Jack's theatrics, rolled his eyes in annoyance.

Was this man serious?

"You can't handle it, you're skin and bones cagna. Gain some weight before you speak to me." Emiliano smirked.

Jack stopped his moves, then scowled at Emiliano in anger while Emiliano smirked again before speaking.

"You walked into the bar asking for wine. You wouldn't be able to handle our beer. Every two weeks, Leonardo and the group drink so much, to the point where people like you would pass out.

You'd never be able to handle us, nor would a big mouth like you ever be able to uphold omertà. Go back home to your mom cagna!" Emiliano said annoyed.
(Omertà = Oath/Code of silence to the Mafia)

Jack stiffened as Emiliano exposed his plan.

He regained his posture before angrily stomping away.

"Okay fine! I'll come back soon, and I'll be stronger, and better than all of y'all!" Jack said angrily.

Emiliano chuckled before making his way back into the bar.

After Jack made it to his car, he proudly removed his glasses.

His big mouth finally came in handy.

"Jacquon Smith always succeeds." Jack said smirking, before blasting Whitney Houston music through the streets.

*****************

Kai and Mina sat at the dining table, sharing a meal of ramen while awaiting Jack's return.

Mid-bite, Mina ceased eating, her expression fraught with worry.

Kai tensed by her sudden concern and focused his attention on Mina before she spoke.

"I'm worried for Jack. It's been hours!"

Kai offered a reassuring nod, prepared to provide words of comfort.

However, their attention shifted as the door swung open, revealing Jack's return.

Mina couldn't contain her surprise, and Kai, upon seeing the self-assured smirk on Jack's face, stood up.

Jack, exuding an air of satisfaction, delivered the news, "Guess who found out when Leonardo will be at the hotel?" his tone tinged with smugness.

Kai's smile emerged, and Mina's excitement bubbled over as Jack continued, "After thanksgiving, Leonardo De Luca will say goodbye to his kingdom!"

Kai couldn't help but smirk in response, and Mina's smile radiated with anticipation.

With just two more weeks to go, Mina would finally come face to face with Leonardo, although he remained unaware of the full extent of her intentions.

Hi friends!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

Too tired to write anymore, but hope you're all doing fine!

Till next time!! XoxoSaf