Chapter 282: Gentle Starlight

Börja om från början

"Ehh~? The stars are prettier though..." [Yuna]

It was as if nothing happened. As they went on about how beautiful the night was, they talked as casually as usual, not a strange sense of distance between them nor was there any sort of awkwardness, simply chatting peacefully.

It was just like the old times, chatting as if nothing else mattered in the world. Grey even brought out some snacks for them to enjoy, a subtle smile appearing on Yuna's face as she cracked down some potato chips.

"So, what brings you here, Grey?" [Yuna]

"Really now, I should be the one asking you that... You suddenly disappeared without even telling Iris or Violet. That's bad manners, you know?" [Grey]

"Hehehe. I just wanted to go on a little thinking walk, is all." [Yuna]

"A little... You do know how far we are from Erdea, right?" [Grey]

Grey asked and Yuna simply answered with a mischievous smile. And the former wasn't exaggerating at all. It wasn't just a "little", she flew over a thousand and a half kilometers just for her "thinking walk". Something none could do so casually.

Now, they are in the Haltea Great Forest once again, only a couple dozen kilometers away from their original home. It was a place the both of them were so familiar with, knowing the place inside out like it was the back of their hands.

It was a place full of special and precious memories, but still, it was absurd that Yuna traveled such a long distance just to think. Even Grey with all his crazy antics can't imagine doing it on a whim. He could only heave a sigh the more he thought about it.

"Still, you found me, didn't you? There's no problem then." [Yuna]

"No problem... Really now? Is that how a runaway young lady should answer a question? Are you in your rebellious phase, Yuna?" [Grey]

"Hmph! What rebellious phase? I've always been like this!" [Yuna]

The young lady poured as she puffed her cheeks, only serving to make Grey let out a slight chuckle. It has been so long since they had a proper conversation, but now that they do, it still felt a little unreal.

"Still, how did you find me? Did you ask the familiars?" [Yuna]

"Sorry to disappoint you but I didn't. Just how long do you think we've known each other? I already know every little habit of yours. Especially when you're upset, you always hide away in the forest... Though now that I think about it, you're not doing it that much these times, aren't you?" [Grey]

"Mou... I only do that when I'm really upset, you know? I don't always go hiding in forests every single time." [Yuna]

"Oh, looks like our Yuna has grown quite a bー" [Grey]

"Geez! Stop teasing me already!" [Yuna]

Grey couldn't even finish his words, when suddenly, Yuna delivered a light punch towards his left shoulder. Well, I say "light", but it was only for their standards. In reality, it actually packed quite some force behind it.

Well, not that it mattered much to Grey anyway. He simply laughed it off as if it was nothing, once again looking at the expressions unfolding on Yuna's face. It was then that he once again realized how adorable and beautiful she was.

Yet despite that, he hurt such a lady due to his own selfishness and irresponsibility. A heavy weight quickly chained down his heart and a bitter smile appeared on his face. The atmosphere of the place quickly changed like the whistling winds.