2.1

The trains collided, over three dozen people fell victim to the impact

The trains collided, over three dozen people fell victim to the impact. Time froze, sirens rang out as the survivors sprinted out of the underground and flocked to get help.

Y/N took of his mask and looked down at his hand, the bone visible. "Fuck!" He shouted, everything blurry. His ears rung and nose pulsated, everything felt like a dream.

He attempted to stand up but failed, face planting the floor. "For fuck... sake!"

Suddenly, a fire sparked beside him, forcing the teen to move. He fell just a couple of feet away from where he was originally.

Desperation.

Failure.

He layed on his back and grabbed his mask, putting it back on, awaiting aid.

"Colonel Ray Schoonover, United States Marine Corps."

"Do you swear to tell the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth, so help you God?"

"I do."

The Colonel took a seat on the Judge's right as Foggy Nelson stood up and cleared his throat. He walked towards Ray and placed his hands in his pockets. "Colonel, how long have you known the defendant?"

"I'd say, the better part of a decade. Most of his career in the Marine Corps."

"So you're familiar with his service in the Middle East? Afghanistan, Pakistan, Iran?"

"Yes, very familiar."

Foggy nodded in response and huffed. "I wonder if you could tell us how Lieutenant Frank Castle won the Navy Cross?"

Ray fidgeted with his hands and sighed. "Due to the nature of that mission, you'll have to understand that the precise circumstances are classified."

Foggy looked around the courtroom, for guidance. Nothing. Matt was nowhere to be seen. And Karen wasn't qualified. "How about that part that's not?"

"Lieutenant Frank Castle was part of a small team. He was conducting a close target reconnaissance in the vicinity of the Hindu Kush. The mission became compromised, taking enemy contact on three sides. Lieutenant Castle wanted to abort. Said the mission was bust, pulling the plug would save more lives. Officer in charge said 'no'."

"And why was that?"

"Maybe he wanted more medals on his chest. Doesn't matter. Either way, Frank was right. They were cut off, boxed into a canyon. Within the first hour, the officer in charge got his arm blown off. So Lieutenant Castle assumed command alongside a Sergeant that shall remain unnamed. Frank's goal was to get his men out alive. The enemy had set up an ambush at the only landing zone that would accommodate one of ours birds. Frank went to the LZ all by himself to draw the bastards away."

"Why didn't he order one of his men to do it?"

"Not his style. So the men hear the fire fight break out. All hell breaks loose. Frank against God knows how many. Then there was silence. The team thinks, 'that's it. Frank's dead and we're next'. Next sound they hear I'd the helos, the helicopters. They get to the LZ, you know what they see? Frank Castle, standing there, grinning. Thirty-two muj surrounding him, all dead. Cleared the whole LZ himself."