1.1

Y/N arrived at Kate's apartment door, lightly knocking on the painted sky blue wood.

He wore a smart attire, holding flowers too. The door opened and his partner in crime let's him in.

She smiled at him and took the flowers, placing them in a vase by the front door

She smiled at him and took the flowers, placing them in a vase by the front door. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Y/N replied, entering the apartment. "You look nice." He complimented.

"You look... really nice too."

The pair walked into the dining area, food was already plated, wine was also prepared.

Jack and Eleanor were sat at the table, Jack being the first to spot the duo. "Ah, you must be Y/N. I've heard a lot about you. My daughter really does admire you."

"Huh, thanks. Kate said her dad... y'know."

"He isn't my dad. He's dating my mom."

"I'm her stepdad."

"Right..."

Jack slapped his knee and got up, nodding towards the kitchen. "Mind if I have a word with your boyfriend, Kate?" He asked.

"Of course I don't."

Jack smiled and took Y/N into the kitchen, closing the door behind the pair.

"How long have you known Kate for?

"Um, a few weeks." Y/N answered, putting his hands in his pockets.

"Just know that I want what's best for her, and if I don't think you're the best out there... I won't watch you ruin her life."

"Okay, okay. We're not together but okay." Y/N agreed with the terms and Jack smiled at the teen.

"Liven up, kid. Got a long dinner together."

They took their seats in the dining room and dug into dinner, the four of them eating in silence with the occasional question shot at Y/N.

The group's conversation changed and started talking about Kate's previous relationships. "Her ex boyfriend was a total ass. They broke up because she didn't want to kiss him! He's lucky I didn't get my hands on him." Jack said, putting his hands up in a fighting pose.

Y/N and Eleanor chuckled as Kate sat still. As much as she wanted to be honest with her family and friends; she couldn't.

"Kate is really unlucky when it comes to... relationships.

"Fuck you." Kate snapped, her stepdad flinching at the sudden outburst. "I don't know why you always do this. You invite this asshole all the time and it always ends the same." She said to her mom.

"Kate..." Eleanor tried to speak but Kate interrupted her.

"You suggest we should have dinner and wanted me to invite Y/N; I did that and now we have this fucking asshole ruining everything. Again!"