1.3

The couple were laying on the raven haired girl's bed, their attempts to locate Silvija, futile.

"Your mom does own a security company." Y/N suggested, wiggling his eyebrows. "It surely couldn't be that hard to find her then. I'm not sure how it works but a first name and last name will always be tied to a device... and we know her full name."

Kate pouted a bottom lip and nodded. "Yeah, that could work." She agreed. "And... Okay. She's... at Carver's Butcher. Fan of meat?"

"Yeah, Carver's. We probably shouldn't go now, otherwise we'll have to deal with that situation."

Kate nodded yet again in agreement, opening Netflix on the laptop. "Fight Club again?" She suggested.

"How dare you ask, of course." Y/N rhetorically asked. Kate sat down on his lap, placing the laptop on hers. "It's so good. Perfect. Everything about it. Just. Awesome." Y/N spoke, earning a glare from Kate. "The film's perfect too." Y/N smugly said, placing a kiss on Kate's cheek. "I'm a smooth criminal."

"Shut up." Kate managed to say through fits, punching Y/N in the thigh.

"Ow."

It was coming closer to Christmas, the festive holiday being but mere days away. School was shut, decorations up in houses and shopping centres.

It was perfect.

°°°

Harry was dressed in all black, connecting his cuff links. Today was the second time he'd be preparing a speech for a late parent.

The biggest company in the world weighed down onto his shoulders after his father was found murdered.

Fisk has been the only adult consoling him, not looking for a power gain. At least that's what Harry thought.

Fisk was stood in the preparing room with Harry, who took a deep breath. "You got this, kid. I believe in you." Fisk's words of encouragement made Harry weakly smile. "It's only a speech, talk about your father's legacy and how you want to continue it."

"I was going back to school soon, when Christmas was over. Now... I'm going to be talk of the school because my dad is dead."

Fisk shook his head and placed a hand on the teen's shoulder. "Forget about them, you're ontop of the world. Just - Just remember if you need me to assume control of Oscorp for a couple of days, weeks, months, however long you want me to, I will do it. I don't want you missing out on your childhood because of this."

Harry smiled yet again and hugged the family friend. "Thank you, Wilson."

"Of course."

Harry cleared his throat and stepped out of Oscorp, walking towards a microphone already set up. He placed his speech on the panel and began, "For the past few days I have been grieving the loss of my father, who built this company from the ground up. I - I won't lie to you, I disliked my father, he was hard on me. Bad grades, I would never hear the end of it, but I know understand why he did it. It was a lesson. He knew one day I was going to inherit this company, and deep down I knew it but I didn't want that responsibility." Harry exhaled and shook his head to the speech he wrote. He took it and ripped it, letting it crumble onto the floor. "Fuck it. I still don't want that responsibility, so that is why, I am letting a dear friend of my father's, Wilson Fisk, assume control of the company until I am 21." The crowd started whispering and then shouting at Harry, wanting to know why he changed his mind.