0.3

The morning was cold like usual, frost settled on the windowsill and windows on cars were fully iced over.

Y/N was one who had to face these hard conditions, having to sleep in Ned's room. His best friend had several blankets over him and refused to close the window.

So that left Y/N, sleeping at the foot of the double bed with only a pillow and blanket.

The alarm clock begins beeping which Y/N had already been preparing for. He turned it off within an instance and Ned didn't move a muscle. "Ned? Ned? Ned!" Y/N shouted at the heavy sleeper.

His friend rolled to face the wall. "You fu -" Ned shot out of his bed and covered Y/N's mouth.

"Do. Not. Swear. Nan would kill you. She has a sixth sense for that shit." Ned immediately noticed his mistake and covered his mouth.

Y/N let out a chuckle and sprayed some deodorant over his clothes. "Thanks again for letting me stay the night. May's gonna fu - flipping kill me. And Liz will."

"You can hang out with me, Kate and Cassie."

Y/N arched an eyebrow at Ned's words. "Kate Bishop and Cassie Lang?"

"Yeah. They helped me from those guys and I gave them my number."

"Okay..."

Y/N exited the bedroom and gave Ned space to get dressed. He waited in the narrow hallway before Ned came out, his phone raised to his ear.

"Oh, yeah. We're gonna be there soon." Ned said.

The line ended and they began walking to their high school. After talking for a few minutes, Ned took a wrong turn, receiving a look from Y/N.

"Hey! School's that way." Y/N pointed.

"We're meeting up with Cassie and Kate." Ned replied.

He continued walking, forcing Y/N to lightly jog over to his friend who was way ahead.

Y/N still walked behind Ned and in the distance was the two teenage girls. Ned greeted Cassie while Kate stood behind her.

Cassie and Ned began walking in the direction of the school as Y/N and Kate lagged behind.

The two ahead took up the entire sidewalk, a slight gap beside them for either Kate or Y/N to slip in.

Kate glanced behind her and saw Y/N walking with his hands in his hoodie pockets. She slowed down and let Y/N catch up and greeted him. "Hi."

Y/N smiled and nodded at the jet black haired girl. "Hi." The pair walked together, making small talk.

They mainly attempted to get to know each other, asking about family, friends, school, girlfriends or boyfriends.

They reached the gates of the high school and the group said farewell. Cassie and Ned did an awkward handshake. Y/N and Kate just nodded at each other.

Y/N and Ned walked to their tutor room, arriving just before the bell rang.

They sat together at the back of the classroom, taking out several study books. Another long day at school...

The lunch bell rang and the classrooms were immediately empty as students flocked to the lunch queue.

The group of 4 sat at a lunch table, all talking about upcoming lessons. Cassie and Ned then began talking about plans after school, leaving Kate and Y/N to begin small talk.

After finding out Kate was moved up a set in Science, he kept nagging her about how important it is. "It's the most pivotal subject in school."

"Really? Isn't Maths just as equally important then?"