1.5

Y/N's eyes flutter open, the teen gaining his bearings. "Ned." He mumbled to himself, remembering the events that happened an hour ago.

Ned layed on the floor, motionless. "No... no." Y/N mumbled again, lifting the rubble from off of himself.

Y/N grunted as he moved, kneeling next to Ned. "Please, man. I'm so - fucking sorry. Fuck..."

Kate stumbled into the room, covered in cuts and blood. She glanced down at the Y/N in a complete breakdown, tears flooding down his cheeks and dripping onto the floor below.

"Y/N..." She muttered, collapsing to her knees next to Y/N, embracing the teen.

Tears welled in Y/N's eyes, the teen burying his head into Kate's shoulder, refusing to take another glance at his best friend's corpse.

Y/N sobbed and kept Kate close, holding her tightly.

Kate eventually pulled away, cupping Y/N's bruised face. "We'll get him. And he'll pay." Kate reassured, placing her forehead on Y/N's.

The teen took a shaky breath before standing up, just beside Ned. He was bloody, clothes tattered. Y/N went through Ned's pockets, pulling out his wallet from Ned's jeans pocket.

Inside was cash and his several cards, and next to them... a picture of the duo.

Y/N flipped the picture, Ned's scruffy handwriting littered on it

January 2017

The night I found out Y/N was Spider-Man, I'll always remember that :)

Y/N crumbled the photo in his hand and sighed. "Let's go." Y/N said in a raspy tone as the pair left the building, leaving Ned lying there.

Y/N and Kate walked down the hallway, both in their regular clothing. The pair discussed whether they should break the news to Cassie, about Ned and that Y/N is Spider-Man.

Kate knocked on the door and Cassie opened it, looking the beaten Y/N up-and-down. "What is it?" She asked.

Y/N stayed silent and Kate replied, "Can we come in?"

Cassie nodded and left the door open for the couple, escorting them to the lounge. "What's up?"

Y/N swallowed the lump in his throat as he garnered the courage to confess. "Firstly, you can't tell anyone. Anything we tell you." Cassie reluctantly nodded. "I'm Spider-Man. The Spider-Man you've seen on the news and papers. And... Ned died... a few hours ago."

Cassie cupped her mouth, tears brimmed on her eyelashes. "How?"

"I felt danger and I've been hunting a perp for weeks, now. I followed the danger and got in a fight with the perp... I didn't know Ned was at the docks and he got... caught in the crossfire."