0.1

December 24th, Saturday 2010.

The festive spirits were high this year, crime was at an all time low and this year... there was finally a white Christmas.

The Christmas trees were already up and decorated with Christmas ornaments, ranging from a variety of different colors. The trees were wrapped in red and green tinsel, topped with a Tree Topper.

Front doors had Christmas Wreaths hung above them, walls had stockings attached to them. Even the NYPD were in the spirit, passing hot chocolate and donuts around the station and just in general putting their feet up. The schools were also celebrating the festive season, Nativity plays being hosted around New York with a range of people attending.

Kids, teachers, parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents. People flocked to see their relatives star in the show.

Herman sat at the foot of the stage with his wife, the pair waiting for the daughter to arrive to the scene. "Where is she?" Herman asked, his arm wrapped around his other half.

"I told you; she's going to be there for a few minutes."

"It's a mockery, she wanted this so bad and they're taking the piss." Herman raised his voice slightly, earning a hush from a majority of the crowd.

After a few moments his daughter, Ella, goes onto the stage, saying her line. "I- Are you sure we should be following that star?"

The other wise man nods while the final one tuts. "Last time we listened to you, we ended up in Herald's Palace!"

Ella chuckled and nods in response. "Very well, right it is." Ella turns to the audience and begins to slowly walk around the stage. "The Three Wise men continued their journey and reached the stable where Mary was giving birth. The innkeepers were confused as the Wise Men held their riches around the infant."

Herman and Ellie clap for their daughter while the rest of the audience follow.

Suddenly, a loud crash is heard as the wall behind them smashed, debris flying everywhere.

Herman grabs his wife's hand, jumping up onto the stage, he grabs his daughter pulling them away from the oncoming vehicle.

The car zooms past them and in a rush of adrenaline, Herman unholstered his pistol from his blazer.

From inside the car, out steps a man wearing an olive green shirt exits. A shirt Herman was all too familiar with. "Flint." Flint steps up onto the stage, his hands ontop of his head.

"Herman." The pair stare at each other for a few moments before Flint breaks the silence. "You must've done somethin' real stupid to piss off the whole syndicate."

Herman keeps his gun trained at Flint who still had his hands rested on his head. "Just let me go, Flint. Let us go. My baby girl don't deserve this." Referring to his daughter.

"I know. I'm gonna let you go." Flint grabs a bundle of cash from his pocket and throws it at his friend. "Go to a different country, change names and then you're all safe. From them."

Herman smiles and lowers his gun, taking a deep breath of air.

"What a heart touching moment. I'd actually give a fuck if it wasn't in a room full of dead people."