Chapter 280: Eight out of Nine

Start from the beginning

"By your will. I will make sure not to disappoint you, Master." [Polaris]

The platinum panther bowed his head, and the very next moment, he vanished out of plain sight. The moment he was spotted again, he was already at the enemy's rear side, blending into the shadows despite how conspicuous his color was.

Khieeekkkkk Arrgghhhhh Urrrkkkkkkk

Screams of pain and agony soon echoed throughout the massive halls as Polaris made quick work of them. The moment his dagger-like claws drew near them, their fate was quickly decided, vanishing into thin air soon after.

He was very mindful of the surroundings as well, cleaning up the ones near the corners and edges first, making sure they don't accidentally strike something they are not supposed to. And so, the numbers of the enemies quickly dwindled.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

As for those who were too far away, they didn't say either. Before they could even do anything funny, Polaris immediately launched a barrage of breath attacks towards them. Beams of golden light exploded upon impact.

Crash Thud Thud Thud Thunk

The Golem King tried to advance and land a strike towards Polaris, but not only did it miss, its whole arm was chopped up to pieces as well, falling down the cold ground, making loud and heavy thuds as they crashed.

Of course, Polaris didn't just stop there. As soon as he climbed up its arms, he then landed a barrage of strikes towards its head and upper torso, his sharp claws digging its hard armor as if it was a hot knife swimming though butter.

BANNNGGGGGG

With its other arm, the Golem King tried to strike Polaris down. Unfortunately for it, the latter was simply too swift, evading it without much issue. However, it was exactly because he evaded that the walls of the cavern received the heavy strike in his stead.

Yet, the cavern didn't collapseー or rather, it couldn't. As soon as Grey foresaw the situation, he quickly created a barrier to coat the whole cavern. Not even the full-power punch of a Golem King can destroy it.

"Don't worry, Polaris. I've already made some safety precautions here and there. You can fight to your heart's content." [Grey]

"... Thank you, Master. I will just do so." [Polaris]

There was no need to hold back any longer. As soon as Polaris heard Grey's words, he quickly landed back on his feet. But rather than attacking again, he simply stood still and gathered tremendous amounts of mana near his maw.

The room which was once illuminated by a deep, green luster was now swallowed by golden light, mana swirling all over the room. The Golem King, wanting to destroy Polaris, quickly charged towards him, raising its fist mightily. Unfortunately for it...

"Begone!" [Polaris]

... It was already far too late. Before the Golem King's heavy fist could even reach Polaris, intended golden light engulfed the room whole, loud tremors reverberating throughout the earth as the mines shook ever so violently.

The moment the light faded, only a single figure remained standing. It was Polaris, and around him were hundreds upon hundreds of drops. Some were destroyed, but the best ones remained. There were still quite a handful of them.

"Good job, Polaris! You did it!" [Grey]

"I don't deserve such praise, Master. I couldn't have done it without you." [Polaris]

"Hahaha. Humble as ever, I see." [Grey]

Of course, Grey just didn't let the drops sit on the ground. With a swipe of his hands, he quickly stored them inside his "Inventory", not leaving a single one behind. Ores were especially abundant, making Grey smiles a little.