Chapter 277: Each One's Preparations

Start from the beginning

The Mayor smiled, but there was barely any energy in his words and actions. They have already lost count how many times they've casted recovery spells on him in the past few days, his face wearing a pale complexion with dark bags under his eyes.

"Rather than that... Is there anything we can do to help, Lord Gerald?" [Yuna]

"A-Ah, oh no! How could I dare make Your Highnesses work for us? Your concerns are more than enough. This Gerald is already more than grateful." [Gerald]

Moreover, he was very stubborn as well, and didn't want help. Or rather, he doesn't want to bother Yuna and Iris whom he perceives as important guests, only wanting them to enjoy the best in Erdea.

It was a good thing that he was working hard, but he was working too hard. On top of barely having any rest, he also skips meals from time to time. Everyone was worried about him, especially Violet. She doesn't want to see her father collapse from overwork.

"We can't work... But it's okay as long as we're having fun, right?" [Yuna]

"P-Pardon...?" [Gerald]

Yuna didn't need to say anything anymore. At her command, her shadows quaked and several fragments split off from it. The shadows shaped themselves, and soon, a number of birds, different colors decorating their feathers appeared out of thin air.

Of course, those beautiful birds were none other than the familiars who have shifted forms by Yuna's commands. The young elf only needed to smile and the familiars quickly understood the assignment, not wasting a single moment.

"Wh-What's happening?!"

"Hey! Give that back!"

With their swift and agile flight, the familiars quickly grabbed the ropes and strings and flew high up in the air. Some people were surprised, but they didn't care, landing on the roofs without much effort.

As soon as they were in position, they immediately tied the ropes and strings with their long and narrow beaks, making knots and tightening them properly. It was an absurd sight to see, seeing birds tie knots even better than people.

It wasn't just the quality as well. After tying their first knots, the familiars quickly proceeded to the next in a systematic order, flying back and forth at great speeds. Before long, colorful flags and banners decorating the streets.

Not just the ropes and strings, the familiars also carried heavy loads with relative ease, transporting them from one place to another in only a few seconds, several times faster than the workers. They may look cute and small, but their true forms were still powerful and magnificent Dragons,

"What do you think, Lord Gerald? Is it okay for us to have fun?" [Yuna]

"... Haah... It is not like I can stop Your Highness' wish anyway... Please have fun as much as you can, and... Thank you very much." [Gerald]

"My, I don't know what you mean~. I'm just playing around, after all." [Yuna]

The Mayor was reluctant, but with everything Yuna had done, it would be rude to deny her request any further. He only got back to work and instructed the workers once more. Three young ladies have joined the fray, excited as one can be.

With them and the familiars around, things quickly progressed as if their workforce was more than doubled. Be it the heavy loads or the hectic laborious tasks, they were easily completed much faster than scheduled.

Especially Yuna, with her strength, carrying a ton or two wasn't a problem at all. She could also jump really high, reaching places which would usually need ladders with ease, only humming to herself as if it was the most natural thing to do.