Chapter 2 - 『Wei Ying's Shijie And Shidi』

Start from the beginning

Yanli just laughs, "But you're snoring too, A-Cheng."

In an instant, Jiang Cheng's face flushed red in embarrassment, making Wei Ying laugh boisterously.

"Jiejie!" The youngest whines.

Cale just looks away from the scene, reminding him of his three children as his heart ache painfully.

"A-Ying, A-Xun, can you help me get the sleeping mats? A-Cheng, you can get the pillows."

"Of course! Anything for shijie!"

Cale remembers, his name is Wei Xun in this world now.

"Yes." He just answers, still not adept at the language.

Soon enough, the four of them laid side by side to each other. With Jiang Cheng being in the middle of Wei Ying and Jiang Yanli, he couldn't help but grumble to himself.

"Gege, are you sleeping?" Wei Ying experimentally asks Cale who was beside him.

Cale didn't answer, too tired to speak so he just closes his eyes.

"A-Ying, can you tell us about your gege?"

"Shijie is right, he's too...what was the word...different?"

Wei Ying just laughs, looking at the familiar red hair he has grown accustomed to seeing for the past few nights he spent sleeping in the Lotus Pier.

"My gege is pretty and otherworldly, right?"

Jiang Cheng couldn't refute at that, since Cale really is beautiful for a person that breathes the same air as them. Though at the back of his mind, his shijie is still the most beautiful person in the world.

Wei Ying just smiles when he saw the look on his shidi's face before looking at the wooden ceiling of the room.

"We're not really related by blood."

"We can see that you idiㅡ"

"Aiya let me finish first didi."

"I'm not your didiㅡ"

"Boys." Jiang Yanli says in a stern tone before looking at Wei Ying to continue his story.

"He gave me an apple pie back then before Uncle Jiang took me here to Lotus Pier! So in a short while, I officially adopted him as my younger brother! Though he insist that he's older and he's supposed to be my gege."

Jiang Cheng sighs in an exasperated manner, already imagining the look on Cale's face how he was adopted all of a sudden.

"Oh! He also protected me from the dogs and even hid me when someone came looking for me!"

The youngest frowns before looking at the unmoving redhead. He couldn't quite believe how a little and frail person could live and protect someone else while living in the slums.

"You said that A-Xun is older than you? Do you know how old is he then?" Jiang Yanli questions.

"He says he's ten!" Wei Ying answers jovially.

"He's younger than me by a year then." Yanli mutters to herself, chuckling as she have three younger siblings to look after.

"Shijie, is it possible to have spiritual powers at an early age?"

Jiang Yanli looks, confused for a moment before answering.

"It's possible if they had cultivated at the earliest time possible, or they have parents that have strong foundation and spiritual cores."

Wei Ying's mouth agaped, his eyes glimmering in awe.

"Gege is strong then! He used his spiritual core to fly away!"

At this, Jiang Cheng's curiosity was also piqued.

"Did he have a sword to ride on?"

Wei Ying looks at him confused, "No? He just flew like there are invisible stairs he was stepping on."

"Then he's strong! Like, strong strong!"

Cale, who was listening to the whole ordeal could only just feel his sweat drop at the misunderstanding. Now they think he's some powerful hero, just the simple thought of it made Cale shiver as he recalled those nicknames he have in his previous life.

"Let's ask him tomorrow to fly again!"

'My slacker life would fly away first if I show my ancient power to you.'

"Yeah! Let's ask him first thing in the morning!"

'Not if I run away first.'

Jiang Yanli who knows that Cale isn't yet asleep, giggled when she sees the redhead flinch every now and then as she could practically hear his thoughts.

When Wei Ying and Jiang Cheng collapsed from sleepiness, Yanli waited for Cale to rise and catch him on the act. And so, she did.

"Leaving without saying goodbye, A-Xun?"

Cale suppressed himself from yelping loudly, possibly waking the two younger boys who was snoring away.

"I'll be...back in...a few days..."

"To work on your vocabulary, I presume? You know I can always teach you with A-Cheng, right?"

Cale just nods, opening the window as he let the cold wind caress his pale face for a while.

The redhead looks at Yanli before turning his back.

"Goodbyes...are perpetual...instead...see you later...noona."

Cale didn't wait for Yanli to stop him before using Sound of the Wind to run away from the Lotus Pier, too tired to explain his ancient powers to them.

A small laugh came from Yanli, "That child, when did he became so poetic, I wonder?"