𝔗𝔥𝔬𝔲𝔤𝔥𝔱𝔰

Start from the beginning

Gabriella, at seventeen, played both the role of sister and mother to eleven-year-old Leonardo.

With Gabriella, Leonardo felt unburdened, revealing his true self, a facet of his personality he shared with only one other person.

Gabriella's four year old son, Jace.

Leonardo exhaled before replying in his thick Sicilian accent.

"Yes, it's me, Gabriella. But I need to talk to you. I'm stressed."

Gabriella's response was characteristic of her straightforwardness. "

What is it now? Lemme guess, the staff annoyed you? Grow some balls Leo! Cmon there's other things to be stressed about in life!"

Leonardo rolled his eyes, an act Gabriella was quick to notice, her familiarity with him unmistakable.

"I know you just rolled your eyes, little boy. Don't do it again," Gabriella scoffed as she nonchalantly filed her nails.

Leonardo was taken aback by her uncanny perception.

Gabriella knew him better than anyone else.

"Okay, I'm sorry, but it's not just the staff. It's Vegas, Gabriella. I can't stay here after what happened," Leonardo admitted with a tinge of sadness.

Gabriella the ever supportive older sister, shifted into a more comforting mode.

It was a role she had grown accustomed to, especially with her baby brother, Leonardo.

"I know Leo, but you have to conquer your fears! You can't hide in your shell forever! Plus, now that you're in Vegas, you can start looking for a woman!" Gabriella teased, a smirk evident in her tone.

Leonardo scoffed at the suggestion.

Finding a woman in Las Vegas seemed like an unlikely prospect to him.

He was not the type to engage in casual relationships.

He valued commitment and would never share a bed with someone unless they were in a genuine relationship.

In fact, Leonardo had only ever been in one such relationship, an experience that had left him emotionally scarred and wary of dating again.

He was different from the stereotypical mafia don, as he disliked tattoos, violence, and had never taken another person's life.

Only Gabriella and his cousin Emiliano were privy to this last detail, as Emiliano was the one who carried out such acts on Leonardo's behalf.

While Leonardo rather enjoyed for tormenting others, it wasn't a love for violence.

Moreover, he harbored a hatred for the act of killing.

The traumatic loss of his mother had left him unable to bring himself to take a life in the same manner hers had been taken.

Nevertheless, Leonardo's life outside the mafia remained a distant dream.

He yearned to settle down, have a family, and experience true love.

Leonardo just wanted to be loved, craving to have someone that loved him regardless of his money, or his looks.

But sadly, he knew it was never possible for someone like him.

"No thanks. No relationship for me. Especially not with a woman here, they're all crazy! Leonardo replied with a hint of annoyance.

Gabriella sighed and was about to respond when Jace, her four-year-old son, eagerly seized the phone.

His innocent perspective injected a welcome dose of lightness into the conversation.

"Hey, Uncle Leo! I overheard Mommy talking to you, and you sound sad. Don't be sad! At least you're alone now, and Mommy can't bother you anymore. I'd be happy if I were you!" Jace chimed in playfully.

Leonardo chuckled heartily, and Gabriella, although less amused, couldn't help but crack a smile.

"You're right, Jace! I should be happy that Mommy isn't bothering me," Leonardo replied with genuine warmth.

Jace giggled before Gabriella interjected with a dose of her characteristic sass.

"Yet you still bother me! The two of you can't survive without me! I'm a world treasurer! Both of you shut up!"

Leonardo and Jace shared another bout of laughter.

"All right, Gabriella. You win. We can't survive without our Gabriella, can we, Jace?" Leonardo said, continuing to chuckle through the phone.

Jace nodded eagerly and planted a kiss on his mother's cheek, shouting,

"Yes! Mommy is the best ever!"

Gabriella accepted the praise with a gracious nod, her playful demeanor intact.

"Well, I'll see you soon, Leonardo. Richie says we can visit within the next month or so!" she announced excitedly.

Richie, or Richard, was Gabriella's husband and the only individual who could manage her boisterous personality.

He was also the only person Leonardo trusted with his sister.

"Nice. I'll have a spacious suite ready for you guys," Leonardo assured, fully aware of Gabriella's penchant for luxury.

"Yeah, you better. Also, it can't be one of those stuffy ones. I want the one biggest you have!" Gabriella demanded with a pout.

Leonardo chuckled, knowing that Gabriella's visit would only occur if she was treated like royalty.

"Of course, Gabriella. See you soon. Love you, sorella!" he exclaimed warmly.
(Sorella- Sister in Italian)

"Love you too! And remember what I told you, you jackass!" Gabriella playfully giggled before ending the call.

Leonardo laughed, momentarily lifted from his worries.

As he lay on his bed and gazed out the window at the sprawling city he had come to despise, wondering if Las Vegas might hold unexpected surprises for him.

He sighed and stared out of the window, seeing the huge city he loathed so much.

Well, not the only city he loathed.

Tokyo also came a close second.

But perhaps, in the pursuit of a legendary diamond, he would also discover something he'd always dream of having.

Leonardo was one of the biggest "funders" for the Diamond and wanted to find it before anyone else did.

But, one thing he didn't know was that he was the top suspect by the LVPD.

Although, he would soon find out by the woman who would one day steal his heart.

Hi friends!! Hope you enjoyed the chapter!

I don't really want this book to be super long, so it's going to fly by these next chapters!

Anyways, what do you think of Leonardo, and who do you think stole the Diamond?

What do you all think of Gabriella?!
(She's my favorite btw!)

Comment below!! Till next time!!! XoxoSaf