Baby

Ace DeAngelo

"Ace, she is going to give birth soon, my sweet son you don't want to miss that" my mother told me. She came into my office this morning demanding to talk speak with me, just to fucking tell me that I needed to be there when Amara gives birth to my child.

"I can't mother and you know that" I yelled at her. "Amara is giving birth to your child and you send her away, you had no right to do that and here you are now missing the birth of your first child, because you are so stubborn. I'm telling you this once and for all, be there when she gives birth" my mother told me, before leaving my office.

I got up, tanning an hand though my hair, before punishing a hole inside my wall. "Fuck" I yelled out, but because of the pain, but because l knew my mother was right.

I needed to be there for her and there was nothing I wanted more than to hold her hand and my child for the first time. I wanted nothing more than to be there for her, now and before. I loved her and I send her away. I ran my hand though my hair again, before letting out an groan.

I pulled out my phone calling Damien. "Get someone to start the Jed, we're making a short trip to Spain" i told him. "Finally getting your girl back?" He asked. "No, but I'm going to watch my child's birth" I said before ending the call.

Amara Moratti

Over 8 months pregnant

I was sitting at the pool with a book in my hand. Sinners Anonymous. A mafia romance how perfect. Alina and Nate went out shopping. They should be back in half an hour or so, I wasn't sure. It was an warm day, the sun was shining, but it wasn't too warm.

Just perfect, exactly how I liked it. I read my book, eating a few strawberries and some chips. I was really hungry, I had been very hungry the past few days.

This was one of the rare moments I was fully alone and happy. Sitting outside, reading in the sun while eating, having the feeling of my child. It made me happy. Feeling the sun coat my skin, it was just relaxing.

My nurse told me that the key to an un painful birth is to be relaxed, which is not so easy. All the pain and everything a woman feels doing birth makes things just much harder for someone to relaxe. With each day passing by I started to fear giving birth, mostly because I knew Ace wouldn't be there to hold my hand.

I tried to concentrate on my book, but was pulled out of it again. Pain flashed though my middle and I sat up straight. What the fuck was that?

I was still in shock when I heard the door open. I got up but only steps in the house I felt the pain again. "Ugg" I held my self up at the door, gripping the side harshly. "Amara, are you fine" Alina asked, after she and Nate made there way inside.

Nate looked at me, placing the bags down on the kitchen corner. He made his way over to me, taking my hand of the door before letting me walk inside toward the couch.

"Could you lay down" he asked and I nodded the pain stopped but I still get uncontrollable. Nate placed his hands on my belly pressing lightly down. "I think your baby is in his or her way" Nate said, helping me up.

"I'm gonna call Meredith and tell her we are on our way to their hospital" Nate said, taking out his phone. I looked at Alina with wide eyes. No, I wasn't ready, I needed more time. I needed Ace.

Alina took my hands in hers. "Everything is going to be fine Amara, I know it" she said.

~hours later~

Giving birth to an human is much harder then I thought. Well of course I knew that giving birth would be hard, but fuck this that hurt. I gripped Alinas hand so damn hard that I thought I would break it. "Fuck you brother" i heard her whisper.

"Your hand should be the one breaking not mine" Alina was right. Ace should be here with me holding my hand, not Alina. "I hate him, I fucking hate him" I yelled. "Stupid asshole, why are you not here" I yelled again.

I hated him so much and I loved him with the same passion. This child i was giving birth too, ist was his child as much as it was mine. He should be here, he should have been here all along. Holding my hand while I cried, holding my hair back when I had my morning sickness.

He should have been here though all of the things and yet he wasn't. Every step I took, every moment I had with this small baby's inside of me. He did miss all of that.

I cried the whole time, feeling the pain and the sadness of being alone in some kind of way. I needed him here with me and he wasn't there. "You have a beautiful son" Nate told me, placing the small human on my chest.

I was covered in sweat and I was tired. But the moment my eyes set on this small human me and Ace created together, I was fully awake. Nothing mattered except gut the fact that my child, my son was lying in my armed.

"How are you naming him" Alaina asked me, looking fine at my son. "Luca" I said. "His name is Luca Damien DeAngelo" I whispered, pulling him closer to me before lightly kissing his head.

Ace DeAngelo

I watched Amara giving birth to our child, she looked as beautiful as I remembered. Even with tears and seat covering her. I couldn't get a thing, but I could see her screaming in pain. And I could feel it. With every screaming and every wince of my sister I knew how much it hurts.

I should be the one inside there, holding her hand. Not my sister, me. I watched as Nate placed the small child on her chest and my heart swell. The way Amara smiled down on pour baby, the way her eyes light up.

This moment was special and I knew it. My mother was right, I needed to see it and I knew that the next time I would be there gut her. I turned away from the glass wall and made my way out of the hospital.

Marcus looked at me, his wife standing next to him. I gave him an small nod before getting into the black car, driving of.