One month

Amara Moratti

One week ago. One week ago I found out I was pregnant. One week since Ace let his anger out on a boxing bag. I haven't been to the doctor since I found out and to be real I didn't wanted to go there. Seeing this baby would make everything so much realer.

Me being pregnant, Ace going to war. Every fucking thing was getting to much at this point.

I was right now sitting in the library, sitting in my favourite corner of the room reading one of my books. Right now I was reading 'things we never got over' and I really like this book. A hood enemy's to lovers is always the best.

I heard the door open and looked around the bookshelf's. Ace was right now closing the door behind him, before turning around and looking around. 

I leaned back against the couch, pulling my book up again. "Amore" I heard him calling. "Yes" I called back, pretending to read. Ace walked around the bookshelf's, standing in front of me.

"Is something Ace" I asked, closing by book. "We have an appointment with Nate" he said, crossing his arms over his chest. "And why should I come with you" I asked, crossing my armes over my chest too.

"Amara, you are pregnant with my child, you need to have a check up, amore" he said, his voice softer now.  I looked at him. "You really want Nate to be my doctor?" I asked and Ace nodded. "Yes, he is the best" he said. "Alright, then he is going to see pussy, after all he has to get this thing baby out of me" I said standing up.

"Then let's go" I said, grappling his arm. "Wait what was that about him seeing your pussy, Amara what the actual fuck" Ace says, not moving. "That is what happens Ace" I said smiling at him while patting his arm. Ace still looked at me in shock, which was so funny.

What did he thought? When we were sitting in the car Ace had his hand on my tight the whole ride. Never once he let go of me. When Tom pulled up to the base hospital Ace took my hand instead of holding my tight the whole time. That would have been a problem while walking.

"Miss Moratti, please go in this room over there." A woman with light blond hair said while starting at Ace with these 'fuck me eyes'.
"Thank you, you can leave" I said, my voice daring. Her head turned toward me and I knew she was about to say something wrong, but then she saw the death glare I was giving her.

She was about to step toward me but Ace stopped her, turning all overprotective. „Do never disrespect my wife again" he said and I felt a shiver running down my back when he called me his wife.

He held my hand tighter, pulling me against him. Letting go so he could wrap an arm around my waist. The woman with the light blond hair stepped back and then I could see her name tag. 'Roxi' Ugg such a stripper name.

Ace nodded his head toward the door in the back and we started to walked toward there. Pushing the door open we stepped into a big white room, great o already hated it here. I let my self fall down on one of the chairs, crossing my legs.

"This room looks weird" Ace said. "That's why I hate going to the doctor, it makes me uncomfortable" I said, leaning my head on his shoulder. "Are you nervous" Ace asked after a few minutes of silence. I looked up at him, not moving my head. "Are you?" I asked back without answering his question.

He took my hand again, holding it tightly. "I think" he said. "Ace you can't thing something like that, I know it. What are you afraid of" I asked him, taking my head of his shoulder.

His head turned toward me and his eyes looked to mine. "Amara, you know exactly what I'm afraid of" he said and I knew it. He was afraid he wouldn't be there, it was what I was afraid of to. "You have to tell me" I said, placing my other hand over his.

"God, what is when I can't be there. What is when my child has to grow up without his father, I don't want that for him or her, I don't want that for you" he said, with fear in his eyes.

I took my hands away from his, bringing them up to his Face. "Ace, you can't control what will happen, but I know you will be there. You will be there gut our child, even if I have to burn the whole world to the ground, you are going to see you child, our child" I said, smiling lightly at him.

"I hope your right" he said, turning his head to the side so he could kiss my hand. I hoped that to Ace, I hoped that to. We heard a knock on the door and snapped our heads around. Nate walked into the room, smiling as he saw us.

"You guys are ready?" Nate asked. I nodded my head, pulling my hands away from Ace face. "Great, so today we are just going to make an ultrasound, because your fiancé over there looks like he is going to murder me" Nate said, half joking. Ace really looked like he could murder Nate right here in the spot.

"Have you ever done this before" I asked Nate as I walked over to the ultrasound bed. "A few times, some of the soldiers wife's come here, they want there children to be born in the mafia circle" Nate told me as I sad Dian in the bed.

Ace had already moved toward me, standing next to the bed I now was lying on. "Okay, move your shirt up, this is going to be cold" Nate said and started the ultrasound the moment I moved my shift high enough.

The gel was cold against my warm skin, the feeling made me more nervous than I was before. I looked at Nate, trying to read his expression. His brows were pulled together and it made me even more nervous, what if something was wrong with my child?

He looked so concentrated that I didn't know what would happen. As if Ace felt the nervousness I was feeling he took my hand and squeezed it. I turned my head and looked on the screen.

And then I saw it, something just as small as a bean, maybe a little bit bigger. It didn't looked human, but I already felt the love. I couldn't make out more things about this small human growing inside of me, but then I heard something. It was a small beat, a small heart beat I think.

"Is-is that a heart beat" I asked, looking at Nate. "It seems like it, you have to be 6 weeks pregnant, it's a little bit early to hear a heart beat, but it's just fine" Nate said and turned the screen more toward me and Nate.

"This, right there is your child, perfectly growing" Nate says pointing at the little bean inside of me. A tear left my eye, this was my child. This was Ace and my child.

I looked up at Ace, who was also looking at the screen. I could see his eyes shining with tears. He could feel it too, the happiness and the feeling of love without knowing him or her.

I squeezed his hand, which made him look at me. He smiled down at me, squeezing my hand back. "There is one more thing we should discuss" Nate said, breaking our little bubble. Ace looked up, his eyes meeting Nate's.

"So, Amara. I think I should tell you that while being pregnant your eating disorder is going to make thing more complicated. You will have the eat more and mostly eat more calories, you are eating for two now. I found it really important to tell you that and I thing you should get some help, speak to one of the therapists we have at the base. You understand?" Nate asked.

I looked down, breaking eye contact with him and avoiding Aces look. I knew that I needed to change something, I needed to take care of me, because taking care of me means taking care of this little human inside of me.