Alive, but dead

Amara Moratti

Pain.

Blood.

Yelling.

Shooting.

The clicking of guns.

Pain.

Voices.

A hand wrapping around mine.

And then darkness.

Ace DeAngelo

Amara.

My head was spinning, I didn't hear anything even though I could see people yelling around me. Guns were still going off, but I was fixed on Amara. She was holding her side, still standing. Blood was running though her fingers as she pressed against her wound.

My blood ran cold, my eyes were fixed on her. I didn't feel my legs moving, I didn't saw the fight ending. The only thing I saw was Amara, Amara the love of my life, the mother of my child.

I watched as she went down on her knees. The moment I reached her was the moment I pulled her into my armes, pressing down on her wound.

Her head was lying against my chest, her eyes were looking into mine. I could see how scared she was, her hands were shaking. I wanted to hold her as close to me as I could, never let her go.

And here I was, in the middle of a war that started out of the blue, holding my fiancé in my armes and praying that she would survive this. My hand was pressed against her side, lightly brushing over the small bump.

I felt someone touching my shoulder, but my head didn't turn. I was so fixed on Amara and her eyes. I begged silently that she would keep them open. My hand wrapped around one of hers, while my other was still pressing down on her wound.

"Ace" I heard some on yell, slowly I started to hear again. I looked up, the whole place was a mess. Dead body's and blood everywhere. My eyes meet Damien's. "Ace, you have to step back so they can take care of her" he said, looking toward the medics.

I stepped back, my hand letting go of Amara as. She had closed her eyes, I was not sure when, but she did. I couldn't concentrate, I couldn't think. My mind was running miles an hour, I don't know what I was thinking.

I think my hands were shaking, but I was not sure, I couldn't look down at them. I knew that my hands were covered in her blood, I couldn't look at them. My eyes were fixed on her, she looked half dead. Her light brown skin was so pale, her hair fell in front of her face as she was lifted up.

Damien pulled me back further, but I couldn't feel it. I couldn't feel anything, it was like the time stand still at this moment. I pushed Damien away from me, walking over the body's toward my office.

The door was standing open, she picked the look. I knew I shouldn't have left her alone, Fuck. I took a glas and drew it against the wall, shattering it into pieces. "Fuck" I yelled. Throwing one of the chairs against the wall.

I walked back against the wall, sliding down to the floor. She was shoot, she was fucking shoot because the fucking Russians got into my base. I was the one in charge and I let her get hurt. They fucking hurt her.

I heard a knock, so my head snapped toward the side. Damien was standing inside the doorway, he looked worried. "What" I asked, still sitting on the floor. He walked toward me, holding his hand out for me to take.

I looked at his hand, they were bloody, just as mine, but not with her blood. I took his hand and he pulled me up. "Let's go to her" he said. We went toward the hospital wing, a lot of my men were hurt and this wasn't even the real thing.

This were not even half of the men we both could give, this fight was nothing. But yet again Amara was hurt, she could die and our child could die with her.

Damien pushed the doors open and the moment we entered the wing people were rushing around. My men were hurt or dead, only a few were okay and all this was my fucking fault.

I took a seat in one of the privat rooms, Damien was talking but my mind was not with him. I couldn't hear what he was saying, his lips were moving. I think he said my parents were coming over, but I wasn't sure. They shouldn't come, it was not safe for them to be there.

Damien said something again, before leaving the room. Now my mind was consuming me, I couldn't catch a clear thought. Amara was shoot. My child. My fiancé. Everything was now crashing down on me, I was no longer on control of my thoughts.

I don't know how much time went by, I don't know what happened, I just know I was sitting here, not moving until my mother called my name. She sounded so far away, like she wasn't even her, but when i lifted my head she was there.

My mother was standing in the doorway, behind her my father and my sister, who was in the armes of Damien. I wasn't in the stage to think, I wasn't even thinking at all. My mother was wearing her dark purple coat, I could see her pearl necklace shining lightly in the light.

For the first time in years I payed attention to what she was wearing. Her warm eyes meet mine and it made me fell like a little boy again. She looked at me the same way she did over ten years ago, ten years ago when she hugged my small crying frame when I was standing over the grave of my grandfather.

My mother made her way toward me and sat down next to me, taking my hands in her. Natasha blood was still on them, but she didn't seem to care. She knew me, she knew how much I hate feeling hopeless. Because that was what I was feeling. There was no hope left inside of me.

For hours she sat next to me, holding my hand, waiting gut Nate to come. In these hours all the Hope inside of me died, the longer I waited the more I knew she could be dead. If by any miracle she was still alive, carrying my child inside of her, I knew what I had to do.

I made a choice in these hours, a choice nobody would like or accept. I was the Don, but I also was going to be a father. I was going to win this war, I was going to kill who ever tried to touch my family. I was going to do that without her and if I was going to die doing so, she would be the mother of my heir.

I would let her go, if she and my child are still alive. I wasn't going to put her in danger, not like this. Even if it meant for me I would never see her or my child again. She was all that matters.