Do i mean nothing?

Amara Moratti

Knock, knock

Two loud knocks ripped my out of my peaceful dream world. Groaning I turned over, rubbing my eyes I sat up. The door opened to my brother Xavier, he had a serious look on his face.

"Good morning Xavier, Everything okay" i asked, standing up. He sent me a small smile, which not reached his eyes. "Yeah sis, father wants to talk too us all" he said. "Go get ready, be down in five" and with that he left.

This whole thing gave me a bad feeling, but I shake it of and start to get ready. I took out a pair of ripped mom jeans, matched that with a white, cropped sweeter, I ended the outfit with a black Gucci belt and down black heals.

I used some make up and pursued my hair, with that I put my phone in the back picked of my jeans and left my room.

As I made my way down stairs, I heard voices, a lot more voices than there should be. "Marie when will she be here?" A female voice asked, sounding at the same age as my mother. "Soon Alicia, she has to get ready after all" my mothers voice said.

"Of course, I understand, I'm just so excited to meet her" the woman said. Alicia his her name, I think.

I walked down the rest of the stairs into the living room. I was meet with a lot more people than I thought I would. I thought this was just a meeting between me and my family, but no, here was I, standing in the room with strangers.

"Ohh she is beautiful" the woman named Alicia said, as she made her way toward me. "Good morning dear, what's your name may I asked" she spundet nice, a lot nicer than my own mother.

"I'm Amara, Ms.-" I tailed of, not knowing her last name. "Ohh don't call me miss, call me Alicia dear" she said smiling sweetly. I nod turning to look at the other people in the room.

I could see my parents sitting in one couch, in front of them was the coffee table, on the other couch a man was sitting, I would say Alicia's husband.

My brothers were standing behind my parents with an angry expression on there faces, even Vincent. Alicia was still standing in front of me, looking at me like she was studying me.

"What du you think Alberto" Alicia asked, her I think husband. "We should see what Ace thinks of her, but after they meet yesterday-" he tailed of.

Ace? As in Ace DeAngelo? They most feared person on this world, the guy I ran into yesterday. "What?" I whispered. "Sorry i don't understand?" I said, I'm pretty sure that you could see my confusion.

"Ohh dear, don't think about it" Alicia said, sending me a warm smile. I was about to say something, but I didn't, I just nod. About what shouldn't I think about.

"I think she would make the perfect wife for him" Alberto said to my dad. Wife? What the actual fuck is going on.

I looked up at my brothers, seeing there jaw clenched, really hard. There faces stone cold, like they were ready to kill. I was going to marry? What? I-I Can't marry, I'm just 19 years old. I stand there completely shocked.

"Alberto, now you scared her" Alicia's voice said and brought me back into reality. I turned my head toward her. "Relax dear, you don't have to worry about it" she said, taking my hands.

"Go and eat something okay, it's morning and I think you should eat" she said in her sweet voice. I turned around and left the living room with shaking hands.

I walked toward the kitchen and took a seer on one of the chairs of the island. I didn't fell hungry anymore, I just sat there and kept my gaze on the wall.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't wanted to get married, maybe someday, but so someone I love.

Was this it? Where my parents just going to sell me of, to marry a mafia boss. I never thought they would do it so soon. I always knew that I meant nothing to my fathers business when I was not married, but I had so much hope.

I didn't know how much time went by until I was pulled out of my daze by a hand on my shoulder. I turned and was meet with my mother and my father.

„Amara, sweetheart, eat something and then go and chose a dress, we are going to meet the DeAngelos this evening, all of them" she said.

"Try to look presentable" was all my father said and I turned completely toward him. "So this is it, you just going to marry me if the the next best men, do I mean nothing?" I asked, standing up.

"Amara don't raze your voice on me, now go and change" he said and walked toward his office. I couldn't believe him, I was his daughter after all. I looked at my mother, hoping she would say something, but she didn't.

I let the anger in my body grow without saying something I turned around and walked away. Making my way toward the shooting range I stepped inside and took a gun.

I really want to shoot at something.

Walking toward the target I armed an hand gun at the target. I shoot, three times. One bullet to the head, one to the heart and one between the legs of the target. I start shooting at the target, reloading the gun each time.

Since I was five my father made sure I know how to defend my self. I learn how to fight, how to use a gun, how to trow knifes. I trained to be an assassin and I am one if the best. But of course my father didn't knew that. How could he?

I know how to stay hidden and I know how to leave without letting anyone know it. I am an assassin. I could just leave like that. But do I really want to live with a target in my back? Because that is what is going to happen when I run. I will get killed. This is the mafia after all, you marry or you die. It's your choice.