Endings

Amara Moratti

Dreams. I love to dream, to just imagine what my life could be. How would I life when I was not in the mafia, not the daughter of the northern Italian mafia.

A life without guns and drugs, without guards following you every where. To just be , well me. A normal young woman, with friends and a normal family, maybe even a normal boyfriend.

*

I was sitting in front of my big ass window looking out into the garden. I cloud see little butterflies flying around and the workers doing there work with cutting the little trees into a perfect form.

I could see my beautiful mother walking around arranging everything that still has to be done. It was the 21 birthday of my brother Xavier, so everything has to be taking care of.

I was deep in thoughts as my bedroom door opened and my eldest brother Vincent walked in. „Bambini, sister father wants to speak to you" he said in his deep voice.

I looked up at him, as he hold out a hand for me to take. "Thank you, do you know why he wants to talk to me?" I asked him. Vincent just shocked his head and went to leave again.

I followed him out of his room, but walked down the stairs toward my fathers office. As I got closer I could hear voices, loud voices, one that belongs to my father and one that belongs to my grandfather.

"Mateo what are you doing, making a deal with the devil himself are you crazy son" I could here the booming voice of my grandfather. "I know I know father, I had to, but now he wants something in return" the loud voice of my father said.

"Mio dio, son, what does he wants, money" my grandfather asked. "That's the problem I don't know what he wants" my father sounded worried.

I walked toward the two big doors and knocked. "Come in" I head the voice of my father and I slowly opens the doors. "Vincent said you wanted to see me" I said stepping into the room.

"Si, we are having important guests over my dear, I want you to wear the dress your mother brought for you, I let it bring up to your room, you can leave now Amara" my father said, his face stone cold.

I nod and left, closing the door again. I slowly walked away, hearing the voices of my father and grandfather again.

"He is coming today, I will over him something not so important, maybe he will take it" was the last thing I head from my father before the voices start to fade away.

Something not so important?

I was toward my room, sitting down in front of my window again. Only minutes late there was a knock and then one of the maids walked in. "I'm sorry miss Moratti, but your mother send me to bring this dress up" the young made said and left again before I could even thank her.

I let out a deep sigh and walked toward the box placed in my bed. It was a big light grey box and opens slowly the red band on top.