Chapter 275: The Girls' Day Out (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

"Eh?" [Iris]

The young princess was easily confused, tilting her head ever so slightly. Yuna didn't explain any further and simply pulled in the bread with wind magic. It was as if she had invisible hands in her command. A little magic trick of sorts.

As soon as the bread was in her grasp, she then used a combination of wind and fire magic to dry them, finishing off the chain with a small flurry of gust, cutting the bread into hundreds of small pieces. They were soon placed inside a bowl.

"Let's feed the ducks, shall we?" [Yuna]

Her intentions were pure and innocent. As soon as Yuna said her piece, the other two quickly agreed, nodding their heads in excitement. They all headed towards the pond, bright smiles painted on their faces.

Quack Quack Quack Quack

Yuna threw some crumbs to the pond and the ducks and even the swans quickly gathered. They swam gracefully towards the crumbs, picking them off with their beaks and swallowing them whole, all the while paddling their little feet.

"Waah~! They're really eating it..." [Iris]

"Amazing... This is so beautiful... They look so adorable...!" [Violet]

Both the young ladies were delighted by the sight, eyes swimming left and right as they watched the ducks and swans feed on the bread crumbs. Their formation was chaotic as one can be, but still beautiful all the same.

"Okay, here you go. Why don't you feed the ducks as well?" [Yuna]

"Yes! I would very much love to! Thank you so much, Older Sister Yuna!" [Violet]

"Y-Yes! I'll do my best as well!" [Iris]

"Fufufu! Then, do your best~!" [Yuna]

Following Yuna's lead, both Iris and Violet also got themselves a handful of bread crumbs and also threw them towards the pond. Bright smiles bloomed on their faces as soon as they saw the little creatures gather slowly.

The more bread crumbs they threw, the more animals gathered before them. Before they knew it, even little birds and pigeons also perched in the nearby branches and landed on the ground, looking at them with expectant eyes.

"Fufufu! It seems like these little guys are also hungry," [Yuna]

Yuna did not discriminate. As soon as she saw the little birdies land on the ground, she then scooped out a handful of bread crumbs and also threw them towards the ground. The sounds of wings flapping echoed as they descended from the branches.

"Elder Sister Yuna, I also want to feed them." [Iris]

"Sure, just make sure to keep the excitement to yourself, okay? You might scare them away otherwise." [Yuna]

"Yes! I'll keep that in mind." [Iris]

Ducks and swans on the pond, and pigeons, doves, and many more on the ground. The Marble Gardens were filled with new colors as the birds flapped their little wings. It was a bird paradise, chirps and tweets as music in the air.

Time passed some more, and as the fourth bell rang, everyone was finally out of the garden. They then continued their day-long stroll, wandering to where their feet took them with anticipation in their hearts.

There were stalls, carts, exhibitions, simple attractions, and even more stalls across the streets. It was a feast for the eyes, with all sorts of new things popping out here and there. Heck, there were even new ones in the streets they passed through just a couple hours ago.