Chapter 14: Crashing Down

Izuku POV:

Like always my life had slowly gotten better before it got worse. My relationship with Sora and Hinata was getting a lot better. And often times I found myself babysitting Naofumi. Usually, it was when Hinata had to take extra shifts at the hospital and Sora couldn't function anymore from lack of sleep. So it was usually in the afternoon when I was taking care of Naofumi.

It did prove a bit difficult to not scream at a crying baby to ask it what it wants, but I think we managed. Well, I managed. Hinata and Sora were disasters, but in all fairness, they did take care of a baby for hours on end before and after working.

On one occasion I remember that when Hinata opened the door she had a fussy and crying Noafumi in her hands while it seems like all the life was drained out of her. "Can you please help Izuku? I need a relaxing bath. I love my baby boy, but he cries so much." I smiled and went to grab Naofumi. ''Don't worry. Naofumi will be sleeping like a baby by the time you're done with your shower.

I delivered on my promise and by the time she was done Naofumi was sleeping like an angel; and when she asked what was my secret, all I told her was, "Fluffy puppy."

In truth, Naofumi seemed to love Amaterasu. He would always try and cuddle with Amaterasu and Amaterasu was his play buddy. One thought I had when looking at both of them was, "When you can't walk, ride your mighty steed." You see Naofumi somehow got on Amaterasu, who got huge for a puppy in just a month.

To this day I don't know if Naofumi got on through sheer determination or pure luck. Anyways, what was I talking about earlier...oh yeah. Naofumi and Amaterasu playing so much made my life so much easier. They would tire each other out and all I needed to do was change his diaper and feed him. After that, he was sleeping like an angel with Amaterasu's tails wrapped protectively around him. I even had to pry him off my dog a few times. For a baby, he had a surprising amount of grip strength.

Man, I remember when Sora would complain. "Why do you have to put him to sleep? I have to stay up all night when he wakes up. Naofumi may look like an angel, but when he wakes ups he is worse than Z- never mind." I would smile and say, ''I can always take the night shift. I have a hard time sleeping because of my insomnia anyways.'' Sora would click his tongue and then hug Naofumi. ''No, I want to spend time with him.''

***********************

When I wasn't with Sora and Hinata I would be in my room looking at an evidence board for hours on end. I was still very determined to find Momo, no matter how much time it took. I would rescue her and give her back to her parents. However, there was no information on the Court Jesters that gave me any hints as to where they could be.

No matter how many drug formulas I sold, weapon schematics I gave to warring countries, or cures for diseases I invented no one had any information on them. The best piece of information I had was that they were usually located in America with a flying castle that was hidden from satellites and quirks.

One day I was looking at a picture of the man that appeared in the threat video. ''Just exactly what are you planning? Most of your plans only take place in the Americas. Why come to Japan?" Suddenly Amaterasu jumped on my head. I fell face-first into the evidence board, knocking papers over and undoing connections. ''Damn it Amaterasu,'' I whispered as I lifted her up and stood up. I took a look at the remains of the evidence board. ''Now I have to fix all of this.'' I bent down to grab a photo when I noticed something. There was a photo that I dismissed as the calling card of sorts for the Court Jesters. It was a simple circle of blood with a joker card just below the middle. However, at a second look, there was another card placed in the middle that blended in with the blood. The card had a humanoid figure with no facial features other than a sinister smile. And diagonally the word Shinrem was printed, cutting the card in half.