Chapter 9: New Family Part 3 of 3

I find it crazy how I am only on chapter 4 of the original. Anyways on with the chapter.

After my original encounter with Di Angelo, we continued to meet up at the same sakura path every Thursday after school. Many times I had brought Yuki over, and even the aloof Di Angelo relented at her positive and shy energy. However, for Yuki, it was the opposite. It took her time to like Di Angelo and I was confused. Normally, no matter who it was, after she got over her nerves and talked to them for the first time it was an automatic friendship. So as a result, I asked her, ''Why don't you like Di Angelo?' She looked around nervously and whispered into my ear, ''He smells like death.'' Then it all clicked, the animal part of Yuki's quirk was set off by the eerie aura of death of Di Angelo's 'quirk'. Now what was Yuki's quirk, well I called it Cheshire. It was a mutant-type quirk that gave her snow-white cat features, and the ability to disappear in a puff of white smoke. That puff of white smoke turned her invisible, and intangible, and also gave her the ability to teleport anywhere in her eyesight as long as she could see it clearly enough. It was very strong, but Yuki mostly used it to get out of nervous situations. It was quite a funny situation when it happened. For example, when she first met Sora, who kneeled down to shake her hand, she activated her quirk; enveloping Sora in dust that smelled like sulfur. Sora fell to the ground covering his nose, while I put on a gas mask. I walked to Sora and said, ''Oh yeah I forgot to tell you. The puff of smoke isn't the only thing that's like Nightcrawler. It also smells like sulfur.'' Sora then turned to me and coughed out, ''Liar you have a photographic memory.'' I smiled under the mask. "Yeah, I lied. I just wanted to see your reaction. If I had to deal with it so do you.'' Sora just glared and stood up and left. "Big baby,'' I muttered as the smoke cleared and I took off the mask.

Yuki appeared next to me and shyly asked, ''I'm sorry I made him leave.'' I just smiled in response and ruffled her hair. "You didn't make him leave, I did. He's just mad I didn't tell him the smoke smelled bad.'' ''You sure?" I nodded, ''I would never lie to you, but to make it up, how about we go get some ice cream.'' Yuki cheered and jumped on my back. "TO THE ICE CREAM STAND WE GO!" I laughed at her antics and carried her all the way to a nearby ice cream stand.

Anyways, talking about Sora, he and Hinata were not pleased that I didn't tell them about my birthday. They made a huge deal and even made a makeshift party, with Teuchi and Ayame, the Yaoyorozus, and the Kaminaris coming. Since it was a bit out of the blue, no one had any gifts but Teuchi and Ayame brought food, and the Yaoyorozus gave me a hefty deal of money, the Kaminaris bought matching necklaces for Denki, Yuki, Momo, and me. Brought together it was a heart that said, ''Best friends forever and ever.'' I received the upper left corner that said 'best'. Denki got the lower left corner that said, 'friends'. Momo got the lower right corner that said 'forever' and Yuki got the upper right corner that said 'and ever.'

They were already bought before they knew it was my birthday but they made for a good birthday present. I really loved it and from that day forward I never took it off. As for Sora and Hinata, well Sora sang a song that he called, ''Born to run.'' And Hinata gave me some more money. Regardless of the presents, the festivities continued until late at night. When everyone departed, Hinata went to bed, and Sora was going to take Yuki and me home, but he disappeared into his room to grab something. When he exited he pulled me to the side and put a bronze pocket knife in my hand. "You'll know when to use it,'' he whispered. I was confused and tried to hand him but he just kept on handing it back to me. "Stop you know I don't like hurting people.'' Sora sighed and replied, ''That won't always be possible Izuku. One day you'll have to hurt a certain group of people and badly. This will be the only thing that can hurt them, and you're getting closer to the age where you are most in danger. Your instincts will tell you, but I just need you to have this. I need to know you can at least hurt them.'' I relented and hesitantly stuffed the knife into my pocket. ''Thanks.''