Chapter 13: Going Up

Izuku POV:

It had been three days since the incident at school. I chose to just drop out and just take the tests for my diplomas and get it over with. The proctors were jerks about it when they noticed my red shoes, they gave me the test anyways; they clearly expected me to fail.

However, to their surprise, I passed every test with a perfect score. They were in disbelief and handed me test after test; they tried to make it seem like a fluke. But after damn near one hundred tests, they handed me my scores and said my diplomas would be ready by the end of the day.

''Thanks,'' I replied coldly as I walked out. I launched a line of webbing and swung back to his home. it was...quiet, to say the least. I decided to not play music and swung in silence. When I got home, I went straight to the basement. ''A.O.I lock the doors and set the turrets.'' ''Over and out sir.'' Hydraulic locks capable of keeping All-Might out locked the door. From the roof turrets with tranquilizers shots dropped down. I looked around at my newly armored room in a small fit of pride. One can do a lot in 72 hours of straight work.

The room was filled with inventions I had made over the years as well as scrap and supplies, but, it felt empty.

It reminded me how lonely I was. ''A.O.I how are the trials going for the new dosage of the Divider drug.'' ''They have proved successful. They now divide your sense by 30% compared to your old 19%.'' ''Synthesize it and tell me when it's done.''

''Yes, and sir version 10 is done. It's available in printer 8.'' ''Thank you A.O.I.'' Nodding I headed off to an advanced 3d printer far of in the basement.

When I got there I took a look at the streamlined web shooters. They were two black and grey chevron-shaped modular web shooters, however, they had no armband. ''A.O.I and the armbands.'' ''Ah yes. Cabinet 2 in your desk sir.''

Blink.

I didn't remember putting them there. Well, I did, but it wasn't an automatic response of my brain. ''Odd...A.O.I are there any side effects to Divider?" ''It slows down your brain functions sir, but much like its other effect it is not permanent.'' ''Mhm. That could be useful, but a bit too dangerous to give to the public.'' ''Haven't you sold Power to the dark web.'' ''But did I sell Boost?'' ''No sir.''

''Exactly. If I sold Divider imagine the rise in rape cases. I can have murder on my conscience, but rape is a bit too unethical for my taste. You should know why.'' It was silent for a bit. ''My apologies sir.''

I rolled my eyes and went to cabinet 2 and pulled out two simple metal bands. Putting them on the web shooters magnetically attached to them. ''Smaller, stronger, and a bit more stylish.''

''Divider 2.0 is done, sir.'' I didn't reply and went to the synthesizer and pulled out the lavender liquid. ''How many doses can we make currently?" ''20.'' ''Make 10 and have the medical bots out.'' ''They are still in development.'' ''Then have what is made come out.'' A.O.I didn't respond but the mechanical frame of the med bot came out.

I waited until the other 10 doses were ready. ''A.O.I if I die I must say you were a great A.I.'' I grabbed a syringe gun and administered dose after dose of Divider. I was tired of feeling pain, pain from Yuki's death, pain from Momo's kidnapping, pain from Denki's moving, and pain from Sora and Hinata's abandoning me.

I wanted it to stop, I wanted to stop feeling. At least for a little bit. I administered dose after dose, each one dividing my sense by half.

After 8 doses, I went into anaphylactic shock. I was on the floor convulsing, my pulse dropped as did my blood pressure, and my airways narrowed. I knew it was all happening, but I couldn't feel anything. It was pure peace.