Chapter 10: It Only Gets Worse. How? Good Question (part 1)

(This should be pretty obvious but if it's not I'm using fanon characterization of characters. For example, Hades, but also not. It's...complicated to say the least. )

Where to begin with, arguably, the worst year of my life? I guess we can start after Khione leaves. When I came back home I was tackled by Yuki. "IZUKU,'' she screamed in joy as I fell to the floor. I chuckled and hugged back. ''What's got you so happy,'' I asked. She then showed me a missing tooth by using her fingers to pull the edge of her lips farther back to give me an easier time seeing. ''Look it fell out,'' she said as she let go and started jumping up and down. "Oh, that's why you're excited. You're waiting for the tooth fairy?'' Ah, the tooth fairy. One of the many things that Sora showed us. In Japan, we don't usually believe in the tooth fairy, but Sora's, I guess you could call it manipulation but I prefer storytelling, had Yuki believe in the tooth fairy. Now, who was supposed to pay for the tooth? Why me of course. I didn't mind, and it was quite fun. I never got to believe in anything, partly cause childhood wasn't in the cards for me and partly because science just ruined the idea for me. However, seeing Yuki jump with joy and sparkles in her eyes every time she lost a tooth made me happy. It felt like a real sibling relationship, more than Izumi and myself. Yes we had a bond, yes we cared for each other, and yes we were blood-related, but there was always a seemingly infinite distance between the two of us.

If I had to compare it to something I would compare it to the distance between a poverty-stricken citizen of England in the 1600s and the king. No that's a bit of a stretch. More similar to a princess and her butler. Hell, sometimes I even think that Inko and Toshinori kept me around just to follow Irumi around as her personal butler and maid. Anything she said I had to accomplish, no matter how impossible or illegal the task may have seemed. If she wanted the most expensive toy in the shop it was hers. If she wanted the tusk of an endangered elephant I would have to acquire it. If she wanted someone hurt to near death I would be the one to do the deed. If she wanted a dish that has to be prepared days in advance in 10 minutes, I would have to get it or make it or suffer punishment. She never cleaned her messes or picked up after herself. I was there after all. If she needed a playmate there I would be, multitasking. 

There may have been love there, but in the end, I was nothing more than a glorified slave whose only purpose was to do whatever she said. Of course, she had no idea and thought it was completely normal and I never bothered to correct her. Well regardless back to Yuki. As I was looking at Yuki I smiled. ''Why are you smiling so much,'' Yuki asked as she got closer with her eyes squinting, trying to figure out I was so happy. "No reason. You're a lot happier than when I met you and that makes me happy. You could barely talk and now you practically screaming. Can't I be proud of you?" Yuki stopped squinting and tackled me in a hug once again. ''And I'm proud of you.'' My face dropped and I asked, ''Why?"

''Because you smile a lot more now, even if you do look sad a lot,'' Yuki said with a bright smile of her own. I guess I do smile more often now. Sure certain revelations may have dimmed the frequency and brightness, but yeah. The more I thought about it the more I realized I was smiling. ''Alright, Yuki it's late. We have school tomorrow. Go to sleep and don't forget to put your tooth under the pillow.'' Yuki grinned mischievously and then she disappeared in a puff of smoke. The moment I breathed it in I gagged and practically vomited. ''YUKI! COME ON,'' I coughed out. I could hear her giggles as she went to her bed.

Before the smoke dissipated I went to the bathroom to wash off the germs of the day. When I was done I looked in the mirror and the scars I had shined through. Of course, there were the obvious three, the one in my abdomen, the one on my neck, and the fainted one on my face. However, through the persistence of my quirkest classmates, I slowly accumulated more scars. Ranging from small burns and frostbite and decent-sized cuts around my body. ''At least they look somewhat cool,'' I whispered as I tried to console myself. I exited the bathroom and ran my hands through my long hair and blow-dried it. I could honestly care less about my long hair, but having to constantly maintain it was annoying. To this day I barely understand why I had to have long hair. I understand the bangs to cover my eyes, but the general length was unnecessary. My only guess is that Inko wanted a pair of daughters and not a son in the mix. Regardless, I should try to use another word other than regardless but I don't feel like it. Regardless, I tied my hair into a messy ponytail and finally finished up the J.A.R.V.I.S program, or as I called it A.O.I. which stood for another ordinary intelligence. I almost yelled in triumph, but I held my tongue and was about to activate the program but suddenly the world turned black.