A New Approach

You and Thel ran through the streets of Mantle with Carolina and Washington on your back as you spoke.

(Y/N): Thel I know these two I don't want to hurt them.

Thel: If you know them why are they chasing us then?

(Y/N): They think I died at beacon... Turn left down this alleyway.

He did as you asked and you both hid behind dumpster as Wash and Carolina ran past and stopped.

Carolina: Clover. They got away.

Clover: Affirmative get back up here. Ironwood wants to debrief you both.

After they finished speaking you and Thel came out of cover making a little racket and the pair turned with their guns trained on you both.

Washington: Freeze!

Carolina: And put your weapons down. Wash call command.

(Y/N): Before you do that. Think on this Washington and Carolina. Would you betray an old friend?

Carolina: What?

Washington: We don't even know you!

You reached for your helmet. They kept their guns trained on you as you removed it. They lowered their weapons in shock as they saw your face.

Carolina: No way. (Y/N)?

Washington: We thought you were dead.

(Y/N): Its a long story.

A little blue guy popped up as you said that.

A.I: Well we have plenty of time.

Location: Atlas academy

Ironwood and winter were with an old lady and had the group removed from their restraints as he was asking questions.

Ironwood: Where is the elite and the human?

Selena: We don't know. They took off after we were captured.

Winter: What are there names?

Selena: They liked to go by Master Chief and The Arbiter.

Lady: Well I reckon they will show up at any second.

As the Lady said this the door was knocked.

Ironwood: Enter.

The door opened to reveal you, Thel Washington and Carolina walking in. Winter and Ironwood had Looks of shock on your face as it was their forces who confirmed that you were killed. The old lady however had a little smirk.

Lady: I reckon I was right. You may have to redo your speach.

Ironwood: I'm not going through that speach again. So can the rest of youse fill the two of them in later?

Ruby: Sure.

Ironwood: Good your all of you are dismissed. And (Y/N) it's good to know your alive.

You turned around to leave as the Lady spoke up.

Lady: (Y/N) was it?

You turned around.

(Y/N): Yes ma'am.

Lady: I am Doctor Catherine Halsey. A lead researcher here in Atlas.

Ironwood: Halsey what are you doing?

Halsey: I believe I now just found a suitable caretaker for her.

(Y/N): For who?

Halsey: An A.I. If you feel up to the task.

You stood there for a few seconds.

(Y/N): I am.

Halsey: Good. Follow me then.

You followed her out of the room and to a research room.

Halsey: She has been listening in to that call and she has chosen you to be her caretaker. Our enemies are getting smarter and more numerous every day.

She stood in front of you.

Halsey: What I am about to show you will help turn the tide of this war. I have been working to harness the strategic power of a ship-borne AI onto the battle field. You may have seen one with Carolina, however he is nowhere near as advanced as this. Are you ready?

(Y/N): Yes, Doctor Halsey.

She held her and out as a little purple AI formed.

Halsey: You will need the Neural interlink however she is still compatible with your Armor

Halsey: You will need the Neural interlink however she is still compatible with your Armor. Think of her as a new set of eyes to aide your reactions and upgrade your reconnaissance.

You held your hand out as the AI stepped onto it.

Halsey: She's not the driver but a way to level the playing field.

(Y/N): What do I call her?

Halsey: Ask her. She named herself.

AI: Hello, Master Chief. I'm Cortana.

Halsey: Together you become our newfound hope. Together you become the key to our survival. She will do anything necessary to make sure that your mission is accomplished. Even if that means sacrificing herself - or you to accomplish it.

You and Cortana looked at each other before you got ready for the neural implants.

Location: The sarcophagus facility many days earlier.

Harvey walked deeper into the facility with multiple squads of banished. He approached a door as he spoke.

Harvey: I have finally found it. I can have my revenge.

He placed his hand on the doors controls and it opened to reveal something completely different as they got attacked by creatures. The flood.

The squads screamed in terror along with Harvey when the parasites burrowed into them and infecting them all.

Location: Airspace above dust mines.

Days had passed since you arrived at Atlas. You were filled in on the Mission and everything else. Your Armor and Weaponry was upgraded by pietro and the neural operation went perfectly. You introduced Cortana to everyone and they were happy to meet her.

Clover: Let's make it happen people.

You and your team jumped out of the Bullhead to the mines ready to face the mission below.

Next Chapter is the volume 7 bios.