Initiation Part 1

You woke up early in the morning and got ready with all if your gear on you and went out for a peaceful jog to get away from the hyperactive students. Your jog brought you to where the initiation started. On the side of the cliff that looked into a forest. You saw Professor Ozpin standing there.

Ozpin: Ah, (Y/N) it's been a while. What brings you out here this early?

(Y/N): My workout.

Ozpin: I'd suggest not pushing yourself too hard now. Afterall you need your energy as fighting without an aura can be very taxing on the body.

(Y/N): I know.

A few minutes pass as the rest of the students arrive and Ozpin begins his speach.

Ozpin: For years you have trained to become warriors, and today your abilities will be evaluated in the emerald forest.

Glynda: Now I'm sure many of you have heard rumors of the assignment of teams. Well allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates. Today.

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well. That being said the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next 4 years.

You looked over at Ruby as her whole world broke around her.

Ruby: What?!

Some of the other students begin to bicker.

Ozpin: After you have partnered up make your way to the Northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path or you will die.
You will be monitored and graded for the duration of your initiation. But our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. You will guard that item and as well as your standing and we will grade you appropriately. Are there any Questions?

Vomit boy spoke up.

Vomit boy: Yeah um sir?

Ozpin: Good now take your positions.

All the students except vomit boy got ready as the pads began launching them when you turned to Ruby and Yang.

(Y/N): See you both on the surface.

With that you got launched into the air and quickly located the temple and opened your paraglider.

You used it to reach the temple first.

(Y/N): The problem with being first means you have to wait a long ass time.

With that you were about to wait until you heard a voice behind you.

Selena: Alright I guess I just keep finding you.