Atlas-t We Reached It

You flew past the air fleet. Blending in to the army as the operator spoke.

Operator: Manta 5-1. Welcome home. Please continue your approach to Atlas docking Bay omega 12 a security team will meet you there over.

Ruby: I don't understand. What's happening here?

Qrow: I don't know.

Jaune: But we are here. We got the lamp to Atlas so I guess we land and get some answers.

(Y/N): No we can't land up there. We'll be arrested.

Blake: Sooo...

Weiss: My sister. Put some distance from the fleet.

(Y/N): Affirmative.

You began to fly to Mantle. The city was empty, next to no-one in the streets. Billboards had videos of Ironwood trying to reassure the civilians that everything was going to be alright. You flew on as the operator spoke again.

Operator: Manta 5-1 we have noticed a detour in your route. You are to make your-

(Y/N): Uh... Sorry (fake static noises) command we are (fake static noises) heavily damaged and must (fake static noises) land elsewhere we can't (fake static noises) risk the entire pad (fake static noises)going up in flames (fake static noises) over.

A few second of silence followed as the operator spoke again.

Operator: Manta 5-1 make your way to the pad or you wi-

You drew your pistol and shot the radio as everyone jumped back.

(Y/N): Damn lady can't take a hint.

Yang: We need to ditch the ship.

Weiss: My sister can take us to Ironwood.

Selena: Uhh. Weiss...

She pointed out the window and saw winter spreading propaganda.

Weiss: Winter?

Qrow: No offence Weiss I'm not sure that's a good idea anymore.

Weiss: There's obviously something very wrong. If we can just talk to her then we-

Qrow: Look I'm not even sure we should be talking to Ironwood until we know what's exactly going on with Mantle.

Weiss: But-

Maria: Everyone calm down. I know someone that can help with both.

You landed the ship in Mantle and everyone disembarked and followed Maria. You all were surveyed by drones which annoyed Yang and came across a drunk that said some unkind things to Blake, Selena and Thel and Weiss threw him into a dumpster. You all eventually made it as Maria entered and greeted the man.

Maria: Ah its great to see you again old friend.

Man: Ah yes yes. Have we met?

You all entered as well.

Ren: Well this is off to a fantastic start.

Maria: Cybernetic optical implants. You adjust them every ten years or so.

Man: Maria! Yes the cybernetic optical implants!

His chair walked him out behind his desk.

Man: I adjust them every ten years or so. Hi, ho, wow. Has it been that long already?

Maria: Ah I know. I Age like a fine wine. Would have been here sooner if I hadn't of ran into these jokers. At the time I thought they might need a little guidance while fighting a little old sphynx.