Chapter 272: Nine Colors

Depuis le début

"Well, it's still early in the afternoon, but I think we should head back to the city now. Adventurers will crowd if we get back too late." [Grey]

"Hey, Grey! Don't change the topic! We're still not done yー" [Yuna]

"Yuna, shh~! You'll wake Iris up at this rate." [Grey]

"Grey...! You meanie...! Bully...! Tyrant...!" [Yuna]

Screaming yet whispering at the same time. Grey was simply too much of an expert in teasing Yuna, making her all pouty and puffy. Seeing her make such adorable expressions was simply too fun. Too much fun, in fact.

And so, with the sun sinking down the horizon, Grey carried Iris inside the Sanctuary so that she could have a lovely sleep there, letting the familiars stay by her side as she rested, sound snores rippling in the air.

Clouds of dust and leaves were kicked up one after another as two figures bolted across the forests and the plains. Before long, they arrived back at the city, heading towards the Adventurers' Guild without wasting a single sand of time.

"Thank you for your hard work. Please continue the good work."

The processing of the quest wasn't too long either. Since the other adventurers have yet to come back, multiple counters were open and so, they easily processed all their quests. It didn't even take them a few minutes, and they were already out of the guild.

With each passing day, the streets only got busier and livelier. More and more people poured in from all over the continent, inns filled up one after another as a steady stream of customers entered the city.

"Oh? That's new... It is, right?" [Yuna]

"Yeah, they must have just arrived... There's many of them too." [Grey]

"Mmn... I wonder what they're selling." [Yuna]

Of course, with such a large festival up ahead, the number of merchants only grew by the hour. Now, every time they got back from their quests, they would often see new stalls popping up here and there, one after another.

"Grey! They're selling pretty ribbons! Let's buy some!" [Yuna]

"Alright, alright, but only for a quick while though. We'll be back late if if stay here for too long," [Grey]

"Un! That's more than enough!" [Yuna]

A sweet smile on her face, Yuna grabbed Grey by the hand and headed towards the stalls selling all sorts of tailoring goods. Though they were familiar with some, some were also new to them, probably coming from other countries.

They were just normal ribbons as well. While plain ribbons were also present, there were many with pre-made embroidery on them, wonderful patterns laid out on them. Some were so wonderful, in fact, that they don't even seem like they were made by human hands.

It was unplanned, but it was the perfect time for Grey to figure more out about Yuna. He has already made a lot of progress, but a little more information wouldn't hurt. It was all for Yuna, after all.

"Mister, how much does this cost?" [Yuna]

"Oh! Miss has very good eyes! This one was especially made in the Vairon territory of the Valliarta Empire. It's one of the best there is! I normally sell it for 300 kiels per meter, but for you, 280 will do!"

"250...? That's quite expensive..." [Yuna]

"Why, of course. It's hard to acquire these ones! Plus, I have to travel all the way here. It's only natural that it's precious!"