Chapter 266: The City of Colors (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

"Great! Then let's head there this instant!" [Garret]

There was no hesitation in his voice as Garret gave such a declaration. With him and Lester on the lead, they then headed on the Latter's shop, chatting ever so cheerfully as they headed towards the place, a light atmosphere about them.

Of course, as they headed there, Garret and the gang also kept asking them about their names, but thankfully, they were able to distract them by changing the topic. They also tried to get Garret to not reveal their identities, but their gestures always fly over his head. He was hopeless.

Before long, they finally arrived at their destination. It was a shop not too big but not too small either, beautiful flowers decorating the outside and a number of wonderful jewelry displayed on the inside, each beautiful to their own.

"We've arrived, everyone. Welcome to Dolly's Accessory Shop!" [Garret]

And for some reason, Garret quickly changed the tone of his voice and started acting like a tour guide once again. He happily and politely opened the doors for everyone, soft chimes dancing in the air as they entered.

It was even more beautiful inside, gems and precious metals sparkling brightly like stars in the midnight sky. From rings to necklace, there were all sorts of things present, each one uniquely designed with intricate carvings.

Rubies, garnets, topazes, pearls, diamonds, gold, silver, and a lot more. Colors filled their view as they looked left and right. It was as to be expected in the City of Colors. Even the presentation of the products was magnificent, things neatly arranged to showcase their true beauty.

"Mom~! I'm backー Kugh!" [Lester]

"Lester, you brat! You finally came back!" [Dolly]

Lester couldn't even finish his words when, out of the blue, a wooden ladle came flying straight towards him, hitting him magnificently in the forehead and leaving a red mark. It made quite the sound too. It must have hurt a lot.

But there was no time to worry about the pain. Just as he got up from being struck, he was already grabbed by the collar and shook wildly by his angry mother. He them received a lengthy and  furious scolding for skipping his chores like usual. He's really is Garret's friend, alright.

"You have even finished the dishes! Why youー Ah! Young Lord!" [Dolly]

"Good morning, Missus Dolly. How have you been?" [Garret]

"Haah... I've been well, Young Lord. But as you can see, a certain child of mine keeps causing me trouble. I hope he hasn't inconvenienced you." [Dolly]

"No, no, not at all. Rather, he's been helping me every time. I'm very thankful to him for everything he's done. He's a great friend." [Garret]

"I see... Then, I'll let him off the hook just this once. Maybe I've been a little bit too harsh on this child." [Dolly]

And like friends would, Garret quickly came to the rescue the moment Lester got into trouble. Though there weren't any lies in his words, Lester wasn't really helping him in something useful. They simply messed around and role played day after day.

"Ah, right. I almost forgot. I'm touring our quests right now. Would it be alright if we take a look around the shop?" [Garret]

"Of course! You can take a look around as much as you want!" [Dolly]

"Hahaha. Thank you very much, Missus Dolly." [Garret]

It was as easy as that. As soon as Dolly gave her approval, everyone then took a look around the shop to see if there was anything they fancied. They walked here and there, peering through the glass cases with excited, sparkling eyes.