Chapter 266: The City of Colors (pt. II)

Start from the beginning

"Umm... Garret... What's happening?" [Grey]

"Ah, that's right! Everyone, let me introduce you to my friends! Theyー" [Garret]

"Wait! Wait! Wait! Friends?! What was that just now then?!" [Yuna]

"Ah, that... They always go along with my whims, and since I was acting hero, I asked them to act as villains. They were just acting, acting." [Garret]

"Sorry for startling you. I hope you weren't too surprised." [Lester]

Acting... It was all an act. Now, everything finally made sense. Grey's judgement, the reason why no one ran away, why such thugs could casually parade in the city, and so much more. The pieces perfectly fell into place.

And to think Garret's strange antics also brushed off to his friends as well. They don't know whether to laugh or cry about the situation. No, rather, they don't even have the energy to think about what is happening. They just accepted things as they were. Thinking too much will hurt their minds.

The moment the show was over, the crowd slowly dispersed and things immediately returned to normal. Some were disappointed, but rather than feel down, they simply looked forward to Garret's next "performance". It seems such events occur very often.

"By the way, everyone, let me introduce you to my friends. This here is Lester, next to him is John, then Marcus, and finally, Olsen." [Garret]

"Nice to meet you." [Olsen]

"A pleasure meeting 'ya!" [John]

"Hello~." [Marcus]

Garret soon introduced his friends from the left. There was the vice-leader of the gang, Lester, the freckled macho man, John, the chubby and cheerful Marcus, and finally, the long-haired dude whose eyes were nowhere to be seen, Olsen. Together, they make up Garret's gang of troublemakers.

It was a strange match-up, but from their interactions alone, one could see how close they were as friends. Though Garret was the lord's son, that doesn't stop them from getting close and casual. No wonder people love Garret. He's simply too charming.

"And everyone, let me introduce you to our guests! You won't believe this, but listen closely, they areー" [Garret]

"Garret, we still have a tour, right? Why don't we continue with that first?" [Grey]

Garret was about to slip up and introduce Grey, Yuna, and Iris, but thankfully, Grey was able to stop him just barely. They have already experienced their identities one too many times, and they don't want to experience such troublesome things again.

"Eh? But the introductionsー" [Garret]

"Let's not fret too much about that. We can do that any other time." [Grey]

"Un! And didn't you say you still have a lot of amazing sights to show us? We're really looking forward to it!" [Yuna]

"Ohh! Of course! You can count on me!" [Garret]

Fortunately, Garret was quite easy to distract. A simple request from them and he quickly forgot about the introductions. Though his reverence for them was a little troubling, it is also useful at times. And such was this time.

Though they feel bad about his friends, there wasn't too much to worry about. With Garret fully convinced, they also quickly forgot about the flow of events. It seems like Garret is influencing them in ways more than one. Thank God they're also idiots.

"Oh, right! Speaking of which, Lester, is your shop still open?" [Garret]

"Our shop? Of course, it's always open. Why?" [Lester]