[39]

eeep! sorry that i haven't updated in almost a month, ive been caught up with school and family shit and my mental health. xx

• PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT

HANNAH'S POV

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Lauren says, making me jump, I didn't know she was near me.

"Nothing." I say, smiling brightly and trying to hide my phone.

"Liar." Lauren accuses.

"What? Me?" I say with mock innocence.

"Give me your phone." Lauren demands.

"Laur." I protest.

"Hannah!"

"Fine." I mutter, handing her my phone.

I watch Lauren's face carefully as she reads my texts with Demi.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing?" Lauren says with clenched teeth.

"Going out with my...friend." I stumble over the word.

"She fucking hit you!" Lauren says.

I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "I know. I can't live without her."

Lauren hands me back my phone and sighs, "Alright."

As Lauren stands up I call out
to her, "Goodnight, Laur."

Lauren stops walking for a second before replying, "Goodnight Hannah."

.

Fuck. I turned my light out two hours ago but I can't sleep.

I look over at the little clock on the nightstand and sigh when I see the blinking red numbers.

2:08 am

"Are you fucking kidding me?" I mutter.

I let my head drop to the pillow and fumble around in the darkness for my phone.

I decide to text Demi.

hannah: hey, are you awake?

demi: haha, yeah. what're you doing up, beautiful?

hannah: thinking about you. :(

demi: is that a bad thing?

hannah: sometimes.

demi: elaborate.

hannah: i love you so fucking much. and i think about how beautiful you made me feel and how loved and wanted i felt when we were together and i miss you demi! i do! i want to be with you.

demi: then be with me.

hannah: its not that easy.

hannah: i need to see you.

demi: good, because i was already on my way.

hannah: really?

demi: yeah. ill be there in two minutes. will you wait outside?

hannah: yeah.

I grab my phone charger and my shoes and quietly shuffle out of the house.

I wait on the front porch for what seems like hours before I see Demi's car pulling up. Before I can even start to get up Demi rushes out of her car and runs to me.

"Hannah!"

"Demi!"

As Demi throws her arms around me I flinch back slightly. Demi notices.

"Fuck. I'm sorry. About everything. I'm sorry for hitting you. Here, hit me back. I deserve it. Fuck. Sorry for rushing up on you like that. I missed you a lot." She rambles.

I smile slightly and place my hand over her mouth, "Shut up. I'm not going to hit you. I know you're sorry, but if you ever, and I mean ever, lay a fucking hand on me again I will get Lauren to kill you." I say, only slightly joking.

Demi's eyes almost pop out of their sockets, "Yes ma'am."

Demi slowly reaches for my hand and I let her lead me to her car.

"Are we going ho- I mean to my house?" Demi asks.

"Oh, uh yeah." I say, my smile faltering.

"Did I do something?"

"No."

"Yeah I did. Tell me." Demi pouts.

"Just. You corrected yourself." I admit, feeling idiotic.

"Oh. Sorry. Do you want to go home?" Demi rephrases it.

"Who's home?" I push on.

"Our home, ya little shit." Demi says, grinning.

I decide to take a chance and reach over the center console and take Demi's hand into mine. I hear her inhale sharply and I immediately pull my hand away.

"Shit. I'm sorry." I mumble.

"No, don't apologize. I just thought it would take you longer to want to hold my hand." Demi explains.

"I thought it would too. But..." I trail off, unsure of my next words.

"But?" Demi questions.

"But being next to you and not holding your hand is like being on life support. I'm alive but I'm barely holding on. I needed to feel affection from you." I blurt out, and then blush.

Demi just chuckles and takes my hand again, "Hannah, I'm so fucking sorry. You're my drug. When I saw 'you're my drug but ive gone to rehab' in your Twitter bio I seriously broke down. I can't loose you again. Ever."

I look down at my lap, "That was Lauren's idea."

"Figures."

After a comfortable beat of silence Demi speaks up, "Do they hate me now?"

I think about her question for a minute, then answer, "Honestly Demi, I don't think they do. They were beyond pissed that you would even hit me once, let alone twice. They don't hate you, they just didn't want me getting hurt."

"My little baby. Always makin' friends." Demi teases.

I tense up, "What'd you call me?"

"Baby? If you don't like me calling you that I won't. I'm sorry."

I squeal, "NO I LOVE BEING CALLED BABY."

Demi winces, "I can tell."

.

We finally get home and I step out of the car.

"C'mon..." Demi says softly.

I take a deep breath and step through the door.

And....nothing happens. I don't see any new things, or smell any new smells, or see anything different. It looks the same.

Everything goes on without me. Maybe Demi didn't miss me after all.

'Or maybe, Demi didn't want to change anything in hopes that you would come back.'

I let that thought resonate in my mind and I let myself agree.

• PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT •