Chapter 264: The Rebellious (?) Son

Start from the beginning

"H-How did you know?!" [Garret]

"You damned brat! So it really was you! Get your ass over here so I can give you a quick beating! Come here!" [Gerald]

The exchange continued, and the Mayor's words had become more crass. The more they listened, the more they understood, soon coming to a general conclusion. It's not that Garret was being rebellious, he was just an idiot. A big and dramatic one at that.

Grey even had to check with his eyes, and surely enough, he saw no malice in the young man. Rather, he was amongst the purest of the ones he had seen. So pure that it made his wonder even more how things escalated to where they are.

"Lady Violet, this might come off as rude, but... Can I say it?" [Grey]

"Yes. I am all ears." [Violet]

"Umm... By any chance... Is your brother an idiot?" [Grey]

Straight and simple, Grey asked Violet as direct as he could. To which, the young lady's face quickly got frozen. She then started pondering about how to respond, but never did she deny Grey's words. He was right on the mark.

"Well... Umm... It's a long story..." [Violet]

Slowly but surely, Violet then explained what really was happening before them, and it came to them with quite the hefty shock. Garret wasn't just any idiot, he was the biggest idiot there, even more than Julius who was already a severe case.

Apparently, though Garret was a good-natured man, he is easily influenced by things he sees or hears about. One time, he read a books about pirates and started doing things pirates would, even create a "crew"

Thankfully, because of his good nature, he only "stole" petty things like broken hair pins or empty sheets of paper. Things which he soon returned to their owners with extravagant compensation one couldn't even imagine.

As for what he is influenced by currently, they were all about heroes and things of the same nature. He especially likes acting like a hero in the shadows, exposing the dark secrets of the government, to which he started suspecting his family for no reason.

It has been going on for a couple months now, and each and every single time he gets home, he always looks roughed up from his "adventures of carrying out justice", just like now. Everyone is really worried about him.

"I see... So that's the case, huh..." [Grey]

"This is the first time I'm encountering these things..." [Yuna]

"The same goes for me as well. How do I put this... It's interesting...?" [Iris]

Everyone was dumbfounded. After all, even children who role play don't get as engaged as Garret did. And even if they did, it would only last a couple days or so. The current one is a unique case.

So unique, in fact, that Iris, who usually enjoys novel experiences, couldn't even get her thoughts straight. She was quite perplexed and lost about what to feel. If there is something, she feels empathy for others. She has similar experiences, after all.

"Must be quite exhausting..." [Grey]

"I couldn't agree more, Your Highness. He even changed his way of speaking just to fit the role. I don't know what to do anymore..." [Violet]

They had just met a couple moments ago, but everyone could feel Violet's worries. Especially Iris. It seems that having such a troublemaker in the family makes them grow more mature than people their age. It was a sad reality.

"Lady Violet, I'm just curious... What books has Lord Garret been reading?" [Iris]

"Well, there's many, but if I have to say... I think the recent one titled 'The Brave Six' influenced him the most." [Violet]