Volume 5 Chapter 5: Dreadful Information?

Previously: Rose landed gracefully in front of the Navy Blue Wolf and held out her hand for him to take. "Good thing we had a guide or we would have gotten lost getting here. I hope you aren't hurt. If you are, I can heal your wounds with my water magic." He reached out with shock written all over his face. "Just who are you?" Was all that came out of his mouth as he took her hand.

She smiled kindly as he pulled him up to his feet. "I'm Rose, what's your name?" Natuso, Viviana, and Sevas approached the stranger. "My name is Kurtz Razko." "Razko, eh? How unfortunate." His hair was grabbed violently and he was forced to his knees by a kick to the spine. Vlad charged up an attack as he prepared to slice off his head from his shoulders. His bloodlust was getting to his head. Rose noticed this in his eyes at the last second before he did the deed. She created a barrier of wind over the kid's skin and then kicked Vladimir in the gut. "Give us a second, Kurtz. I'll be right back. Guys, set up camp and cook us some food!" She grew her wings and flew into the distance where she kicked Vlad.

Kurtz looked back to see her flying after the creature of the night. He looked back at the group to see them setting up camp as if this was normal. He couldn't fathom what just happened, was his uncle just about to kill him? And just who on earth is this Rose girl that saved him. Nothing was making much sense, he had to implore some information from the party members of his uncle Valentine.

Vladimir's body went flying through several marsh trees. He landed in the ankle high mud and growled deeply as he sat up. He opened his eyes only to see Rose flying towards him. His eyes widened at her wrapping her arms around his neck. She sat there on his chest and grabbed his handsome bearded face. "I'm sorry for not noticing, please forgive me." She pressed her forehead against his gently. "Rose?" She grabbed the back of his head. She pushed it near the in-between place of her shoulder and neck. He was drooling at the smell of her delicious red. His saliva dripped out of his mouth as he contemplated on taking her offer. "Rose, I don't want to hurt you. Not anymore. The sight of me…" She relaxed her body and her arms fell to her side. "Take what you need, Vlad. I need you to come back to your senses. I can't have you turn against us. Fighting against you was hell. I don't want anyone else I consider a friend to experience that pain. We want to make this world free of such things in our new world. So whenever you need it, then ask me. We are soulmates, remember? If I can lean on you when I need help then you can do the same." He wrapped his arms around her small body and pulled her in close. "Thanks for the meal, Rose." His fangs grew in length as he opened his mouth fully. She closed her eyes and clenched her teeth at the feeling of his fangs piercing through her flesh. Her body shook in pain as his saliva dripped and poured out of his mouth. His fingers grew small claws as he continued to gulp down her addictive crimson. She was losing feeling of her body, his saliva was effecting her nervous system. His nails dug into her back as he started to lose control over himself. She was getting closer to deaths door. She didn't know he was this hungry and that his appetite was this large. Her body was starting to go limp. She reached out for her sword Azure and pulled it out just enough to use its electricity rune. They both were shocked violently. He pulled away instinctively and instantly saw what he did to Rose. His fear came true. His hunger for her blood took over. "Rose!?" She stopped herself from passing out and muttered softly,"I'm sorry for not noticing." She fell forward and passed out on his chest. "I still can't control myself around her." He touched her neck and healed it so no one could see he drank her blood. He held her close to his chest as he stood up. He covered her up with a blanket he retrieved from his void storage.

Vladimir returned with a fast asleep Rose In his arms. Everyone was sitting around a campfire eating grilled Crockadons. It seems like introductions already happened and the only ones out of the loop was Vladimir and Rose.