Volume 1 Chapter 2: Awakened With Amnesia

Previously: She wanted to speak but nothing came out, and her body wouldn't move. She was frozen in place but could look around feely. Was she hallucinating or something? So many questions ran through her mind but nothing made sense. She was going crazy by the lack of control over her own body. This entire situation was causing her panic and hyperventilate. The figure knocked her out and picked her up over his shoulder to take her somewhere more safe.

Lexington Gibson becomes someone else but who could it be? She was rescued from a deep lake by a mysterious figure. How did she get there? There was no answer to what was happening to her mind as she tried to process her not being dead. She felt her body burning up from the bomb but she feels just fine.

She wakes up in a tavern room. The person that saved her was in the corner, sitting in a chair, and reading a book with red wine on the small table next to him. She knew that she was no longer who she once was but being reborn into another world was crazy to think about.

She looked down at her shaky and unsteady small hands. She was now a child and not a grown woman. She couldn't make sense of the flashes of memories she was seeing in her new mind.

He closed his book to see her expression changed drastically in between several different emotions. "Excuse me, but what's your name?" She quickly turned her head to see a long and wavy black haired man. With a scruffy beard, sharp edges and a light mustache. He didn't seem strong at first glance. But she could tell by how he sat, that he was confident in his physical strength. He had pale white skin which contradicted his broad shoulders and muscular neck. He seemed like he was a kind of person to go out a lot so why was he so pale? He spoke with a deep toned voice with a northern british accent that made her heart melt. "My name?" She had a Scottish accent. His eyebrows raised slightly at her suddenly crying. "I don't know what my name is..." His Lavender eyes widened slightly at her changed aura surrounding her body. "She's not normal, just like me. But the question is, what is she really?" He said to himself as he watched her break down. "Please do calm down, Miss Rose." She slowly calmed down just by hearing his words as if she was under some kind of spell. His lavender irises glowed slightly and her body instantly relaxed. She looked at him sideways,"Rose?" He nodded as he pointed at her clothes. "The symbol of your fancy clothes is the rose which means you must be from the Rosalind Kingdom. And that kind of dress is very expensive which means you must be a noble's daughter." His intelligent observations made the images she was seeing make sense. She was someone important but then who could this man be, that saved her from her second death? "Um, excuse me but what's your name sir?" He drank some of the red wine and she saw a glimpse of his mouth. He gulped down the liquid and then opened his mouth to speak. He had sharp and pointy fangs showing themselves but Rose refused to believe that she was reborn into a fantasy world. "Vampires don't exist, right?" She said to herself as she looked into his serious eyes. "Now that we both know that you are from the Rosalind Kingdom, do you want me to escort you back home? I don't have much to do right now. I was even heading that way for another more personal reason. How about it?" He was testing her but she didn't respond in a way he saw coming. "Look here, I asked you a question. I'm not as dumb as I seem. You are a stranger and I'm a "weak little girl" who's lost. How do I know you aren't some crazy person who is going to kill me?" His eyes shook for a split second. She wasn't what he expected. And it was clear that she didn't know a thing about Vampires or she's just not scared of his sharp and scary teeth. He chuckled softly as he scratched his beard. "You have a good point but you don't have a choice to refuse. Unless you want me to leave you fend for yourself? But if you really want my name that bad, you can just call me Vlad." Her eyes widened just slightly at his words. "That can't be, there's no way. The medieval times? His first name? And his unique appearance? Oh fuck. He's Vlad The Impaler!?" She was slowly freaking out but then she heard,"Miss?" She looked up from staring at the bedsheets. "Her heart rate spiked as soon as I said my name. Does she know who I am? But she didn't respond to seeing my teeth, so maybe she's just scared of traveling with a stranger? I can't seem to read her mind for some reason." She tried to make sense of what was happening if he was really Vlad The Impaler. Why did he save her? Is he a vampire like history implied? None of that mattered right now, she needed to learn more about the world she was reborn into. And this strange man was her only hope right now. She accepted the given name of Rose and faced him with a determined look in her eyes. "I accept your offer to take me home but on one condition. You have to teach me the art of the sword." She pointed at his hip where his long sword was holstered in a black leather sheath.