Volume 3 Chapter 9: No Longer Pretending

Previously: Vlad takes form a few feet away from Rose on the tiled rooftop. He looked over only to see her talking to several crows, ravens, and hawks. His eyes widened at the sound of her thoughts. He could hear what she was thinking about. As he got closer her thoughts got even louder than before. His lavender irises became really small at the sound of how she felt and thought about him. "Oh Vlad it's you, don't sneak up on me like that." She laughed nervously, a little spooked. Her thoughts on the other hand,"He looks really good in that outfit. Too bad I'm in a child's body. If only I was in my old one or at least a bit older." He felt his face heat up as if he was being burned by the flames of hell itself. He was wearing a old western cowboy hat so the shade from the brim of his hat was concealing his embarrassed expression.

He was wearing a skintight bodysuit underneath his clothes, no shirt. Black pants tucked into his black leather boots, golden painted soles with spikes on the bottom. Black leather jacket, golden spikes, buttons and zipper. Ōdachi holstered on his right hip. Old western hat with a golden rose on the front.

Rose says goodbye to her new bird friends and said Vlad's name a few times before he snapped out of his deep thoughts and paralyzed shock. He held out his hand and said seriously,"You are strong enough to learn how to use that new sword of yours. Are you ready to fight against me, again?" He waited for her answer all while listening in on her inner thoughts. "You do know that listen in on a lady's thoughts is very rude." Vlad went to say something but then,"Remember we are being watched and spied on. Stay in character." He stiffened up and rushed her to answer. "Alright, alright. Give me a second to prepare myself mentally. Fighting against you is very dangerous." "I don't have all day." "Vlad this is really bad, I'm freaking out over what the birds told me today." "You being upset or scared? That's rare for me to hear. What's so scary that it managed to spook you?" She tells him the rundown of what the birds told her. He said on the outside,"I won't be going all out. I'm going to be matching my strength to yours. So just hurry up and give me an answer." He responds to her worrying information using telepathy. He responds in calming and in a somewhat gentle manner. He was definitely changing the more time he spends by Rose's side. "Don't worry about anything, we'll get your country back together. And when we travel to the lotus Kingdom we'll gather information about the war. But for now let's get you stronger so you can fight alongside me in the future." She smiled on the outside and answered both conversations. "Yeah, sounds like a good plan. Bring it on, Master Vladimir!" He felt his body heat up even more than before but instead of showing his flustered face he growled deeply irritated with his body reacting in a human way. "Master, huh? I kinda enjoy the sound of that. I'm now officially your superior." She giggled playfully at his pride and ego growing in size. But for some reason it was cute how he said it.

Vladimir stood there in the selfmade barrier in the sky above the clouds. It was closing them off from the entire city down below. And since it was made out of the element of void, it stopped anyone from watching or listening to their private conversations. "Hold your sword just like this, and then relax your entire body. You need to be able to be open to any attack to come from any direction. Now attack me and see if you can cut me." She exhaled slowly and sprinted towards him. He was open wide at first glance but just as she went to cut him. He kicked her blade out of her hands and then hit her to the ground with the back of his Ōdachi sword. She groaned as she got up from the ground. "Looks can be deceiving, you of all people should know that lesson." She grabbed the hilt of her blade and got back in position. "Your body must be as flexible and fluid as the water you control. Those two don't know a clue about teaching the next generation. After my training you'll be able to fight against strong opponents that have champion blessings or even monsters like me. Don't think that I'll hold back..." She screamed all hyped,"Give me hell! I'll take it all until I become strong enough to stand by your side and not feel guilty!" He chuckled softly amused and gestured for her to hurry up and attack. He took a step forward as she leaped towards him screaming out loud.