Volume 3 Chapter 8: Bad News & True Feelings Revealed?

Previously: He didn't understand what was happening to him. His feelings were slowly returning, all because of this small child with the mind of a older woman. "I really appreciate you being here. I don't trust anyone here but you." His lavender irises became really small as her words made him speechless. He glanced over at Zane. "She doesn't trust this creature? But I thought she..." She pulled away and smiled genuinely at him with a shine in her hazel green eyes. "I have training to do, do you mind spectating?" He stood up and towered over her like a mountain,"Spectate, huh? Why not, I have nothing else to do this afternoon. But did you mean it when you said if I don't accept his teachings that I get to eat him?" Zane tensed up and went to fight. "Yeah, I did. But I believe that I have things to improve in when it comes to controlling my magic output. Zane isn't as useless as you think. Plus his unique magic might be useful in the future. Just keep looking out for me. We never what will happen if I lose control." He nodded his head and then turned into darkness. "I'll be in your shadow, if you lose control I'll make sure you don't cause too much damage." She smiled thankful as she watched him seep into her shadow. She spun around and said determined,"Let's get down to business!" She cracked her knuckles and smirked slightly all while looking determined.

Zane training for the next two months was basically working on Increasing range of their magic personal bubble. Discovering personal technique & ultimate attacks. Increasing their normal output of raw magical power, a little at a time. And lastly working on their physical & mental strength. Vlad watched as Rose pushed past her limits without slacking off. She wasn't the type to be lazy, she wanted to improve her muscle mass and stamina the most as possible in such a small amount of time. She was learning pretty fast for a child her age. Zane was surprised but he didn't dare to question her in the slightest. Their was a small chance that Vlad would disembowel him of he caused Rose any discomfort. But Vlad knew full well that even her fast learning was still slowed down a bit. She knew how to eighty percent of the material and things that he was teaching her. She figured how to use her magic and assume control over it within the first week of his training. And other twenty percent was just training her mind and body. She was holding back the entire time, she was stronger than anyone else here except for Vlad himself.

So the question Vlad was thinking about was,"Why are you so adamant on keeping them alive?" Rose was knocked to the ground by Zane but she let him. She sat up slowly faking grunts of pain. "You are getting better but it seems like you need to get just a little stronger. Before our training must have been a fluke." She lowered her head as sweat dripped off her chin. "Yeah, I guess so. It seems without magic I'm weak." She clenched her teeth tightly. Zane crouched down and said while smiling encouragingly,"I believe in you. Just keep on working out and I believe you will be strong enough to defeat me in no time." He walked away leaving her alone with Vladimir in her shadow. She started to shake as she laughed. Vladimir came out of her shadow and went to say something but then he saw her grinning widely with a wicked look in her hawk eyes. She grabbed Vlad's rough hands as her shaking instantly stop. "I've decided what to do with them. And it's better than just killing them." "And what do you have in mind?" She pulled him her way so she could whispered in his ear. He fell forward and stopped himself from falling on top of her by creating tendrils of darkness to grapple the ground around him. She whispered softly with devious laughter afterwards. She was hiding her true nature behind a mask of innocence and ignorance. He knew she was intelligent but her mind was slowly becoming something more animalistic. After all she's no longer a human but a Cursed One. And after almost dying so much her empathy for others was slowly diminishing to nothing. She didn't save the two champions due to empathy or something innocent. She was plotting and scheming how to use them most efficiently in the future. Vladimir's body got chills at how evil her plan was for his greatest enemies. She had multiple choices and options for different situations. "Were you thinking about a way to make the most of them, this entire time?" Rose pulled away and locked eyes with his now vampire pentagram glowing eyes. The sun went down and his body was becoming more monstrous as the darkness consumed the training barracks courtyard. "Of course, I was. They hurt you and even dared to act so cocky and fearless afterwards. Once she grows to like me. I'll come back and slaughter her mercilessly. What do you think about how my mind works?" He leaned back and his wide mouth formed a hungry grin for more. "I want to hear and experience more of this side of you princess. It's making me shudder with excitement. I'm hungry for all the chaos to come." She giggled playfully at his dangerously attractive facial expression in the dark. "I'm looking forward to showing you more of my true identity underneath my innocent facade. But for now let's get on with our new roles in this new play i've written beautifully." They both looked at each other as they relished the moment.