Volume 3 Chapter 6: Unexpected Conflict

Previously: Rose was yanked out of the way of a very deadly explosive magical kick. She hit the ground hard but she wasn't concerned about her own safety. She screamed out Vlad's name worried. He held his ground but her explosion magic was his element counter. He scoffed annoyed by how powerful her attack was, he didn't expect that she was this strong. There was only one way that she was so powerful and he didn't like the thought, it caused his blood to boil with rage.

Seraphina smirked slightly at Vladimir's irritated expression. "What a perfect expression, I can't wait to see what you look like when I kill you!" She kicked him in the side and a huge explosion went off. Vlad went flying through several rooms, destroying the fancy furniture in the process. Sera flew towards him as he crashed into the outer wall of castle. His eyes widened at the sight of her slight smirk becoming something more devious. "Let's have some fun, eh Condemned?" "As I suspected, damnit! I'm going to kill them both, the monkey and the hawk in one go." He grinned widely as he disappeared from sight. She felt something heavy on her back. He was standing on her back with two enchanted swords coming out of his palms. She flew into the dirt ground face forward. Vlad stomped on her back causing her to groan in pain. He crouched down and quickly cut through the base of her wings. She screamed out in agony as blood gushed out. She tried to struggle and get loose but he just pinned her down with swords of darkness.

Zane flew towards them two but he was too late. He screamed out in rage as he leaped towards Vlad. His neck was grabbed and slowly crushed by Vlad. "Now I can end both of your pathetic lives. You were going to test Rose's individual strength and willpower. But attacking me was a mistake. I'm irritated that someone managed to make me shed blood. Now die quietly." "Vlad, wait!" He ignored Rose's voice and went to crush Seraphina's skull with his the sole of his boot. "Stop!" He felt faint tingle on his back. She stabbed him with the legendary class sword he gave her as a gift. He sighed softly as he let go of Zane and stepped off Seraphina's barely conscious body. His dark aura took the form as a extra arm, he pulled out the sword and handed it to himself. He glanced over at Rose as she fought against her own body. His dark aura was overwhelming and life threatening just to witness. Her body was shaking so much that she couldn't even use her magic. Zane and Seraphina covered themselves with thin magic barriers so they wouldn't die of a heart attack or something.

Vlad stood there tall and feeling annoyed by her actions. "Go ahead and explain why you need them to live." She went to say something but then he scoffed aggravated. "I'm starting to not care about your opinion. I have my own mission and goal. You are holding me back from achieving them." Rose realized too late that his words rung true. "He wants revenge on the species that wronged him. Champions, hurt him." She glanced over at Zane and Seraphina, everything made much more sense. "I can't reveal to the two of them I have the intelligence of a person in their mid twenties. What do I say? Do I even have a right to deprive him of his personal goal? Wait that's right they..." She held out her hands and locked eyes with the monster that stood before her. "Your overall goal isn't logical. If you were really going to kill the races of those who harmed you. Then why am I still alive!? I have a new goal other than getting home. I want to become stronger. They owe me their lives, so they have no other choice but to train me. If they fail meet your expectations, then you can kill them. But I don't plan on leaving this kingdom until I can fight against you three at once and win!" She was gasping for air due to her forgetting to breathe. Seraphina and Zane went to say something but then Vladimir laughed amused by her gutsy speech. He threw her sword to the ground in front of her and then held out his right hand. A singular Ōdachi with a blade that has black on both sides with a golden snake shaped hand guard and black & gold hilt. Came out of his palm. He created the sheath and attached it to one of his hips. "Are you really willing to fight to the death for these weaklings? Because if so then I can easily change my mind and add you to the list of targets." Rose reached out to grab the hilt but as she thought about what to say or do, time slowed down. She hesitated and then said sternly. "If I survive for 5 minutes you'll have to hold off on killing them.  I'm not a fan of this situation but I'm not a pushover. You should know me pretty well by now. Don't act like you didn't see this coming." He chuckled deeply as he gripped onto the hilt tightly. "Indeed, I thought you would pull something like this but I'm not one to bow down so easily either. I'm going to show more strength than last time, are you sure you can survive? It would be a shame for me to kill you at such a young age. And especially after we shared such a heartwarming moment yesterday." Rose tensed up as her heart rate sped up and drowned out all of the sound around them. She reached towards her sword as she gulped down a lump in her throat. "I'm not going to backpedal or back down from this fight. I'm going to show you all that I'm not weak!" She grabbed her sword and sprinted towards him. But just as she blinked his was gone from sight. She sensed something deadly coming from her left. Time slowed down as her body gradually tensed up.  Zane and Seraphina went to scream out her name worried but then they saw her smirking smugly as his boot made contact with her small body. She covered her entire body with a thick barrier of water and wind. She slowed down his kick just enough to survive. She went flying into the dirt ground. Her body bounced a few times and gradually slid to a stop. She coughed out blood onto the ground but she didn't have the time to laying around. She forced her body to roll out of the way of death in the form of several swords of darkness. Her wind vortex rune sigil was a life saver right now.