Volume 2 Chapter 1: Unbreakable Resolve!

Previously: Rose risked her safety and well-being in order to save Vlad's life. Her actions of selflessness and unbreakable willpower shocked the Queen of the Lavender kingdom. Just before Vlad was slain once and for all. Rose awakened her Cursed One ability and flew towards Vlad with the help for her unique Wind Vortex magic. She took the deadly attack without any hesitation all for Vlad's sake. The first lock on his heart unlocked and the chains shattered. He vowed once more to get her home safely. No matter who he had to slay or slaughter. But he could always change his mind.

Zane & Conrad were outside of the temple with the kingdom under their control, the people took back their home. They looked into the direction of Vlad as he carried a sleeping Rose. They both ran towards him asking if she was alright.

Meanwhile Rose was giving her old friends a farewell and a send off as they left her soul all alone. They wished her good luck and Blake threatened her,"If you die too soon. I'll kill you." She smiled happily at them and then looked at the Major. "Please don't push yourself too much." She went to say something but hesitated. He reached out and rested his hand on her head. "I'll be watching over you."

Zane joins Vlad and Rose on their adventure, he has the desires to go back home of the Sakura Kingdom, their party grows in size. Before they headed to the next kingdom, Rose was to recover a bit from being almost killed. She was informed about her real race. Zane said he has a friend in Sakura Kingdom that can teach her how to control her new power.

Vlad was keeping his distance from the two strange kids that he was presumably,"Stuck with." But he could easily break his promise he made and slaughter Rose where she stood. She was his enemy, Lana was right. He was never one to show mercy. If he continues to travel with this girl. He may lose his edge.

A week later from the rebellion. Rose couldn't seem to sleep for some reason so she went for a walk. She saw Vlad sitting on the sandstone stairs that led to the castle. He had his unique pentagram eyes active, she didn't respond negatively though and kept walking. "You couldn't sleep either?" She spoke up curiously. "I don't sleep, I'm already dead." She grabbed her arm and looked away. "Right, sorry." He kept silent as she sat down next to him. She was back to her old self. Her old life was fresh in her mind. She wanted to convey her feelings of thanks but she knew that he would just brush it off. She sighed softly with a hint of sadness. "I didn't know." He said nothing. "I still don't remember anything from my childhood. It's frustrating. I feel like I'm relying on you for everything. For that, I'm sorry." His eyes flickered between his normal setting and night mode. "Why are you saying sorry to a creature of the night? I'm a monster. I don't deserve your..." She clenched her fists extremely tight,"You're wrong!" His head turned only to see her holding back tears. "You are more than that to me!" Her words were so blunt and one hundred percent truthful. Her eyes were filled with honesty. "I didn't save you because you are useful or something. I saved you because you are important to me!" She stood up and locked eyes with him. "You saved me from death so many times I lost count. The guilt of not being able to help you. It was eating away at my soul. I don't know why but I didn't seem to care if you were a monster of the night or not. I wanted to do something to help. But I fell short everytime. You probably want to leave me for dead or kill me yourself. My kind has wronged you, and I'm really sorry for that." She started to shake uncomfortably as her clenched fist pierced her soft flesh. His body twitched slightly at the smell of her intoxicating blood. "Please Vlad, I still need your help to get home. I'm sorry for being such a burden. I'll try my hardest to become strong enough to stand by your side and not behind you." His body moved on it's own. He towered over her and stared her down as her delicious scent overwhelmed his entire body. "You want me to continue and help you get home? What if I told you no?" She could feel his deadly magical aura over powering her entire body. "What if I tried to kill you right now? Your kind has the best tasting blood. And I absolutely despise uninteresting people. Now that my questions are answered, I don't have any reason to keep you alive. Huh, what's this? Are you scared of me? What happened to not showing me your fear?" She stumbled backward down the stairs. She didn't want to run but her body moved on it's own. He laughed manically as he sprinted after her with a monsterous look in his eyes.