Volume 2 Chapter 3: Stormbound City?

Previously: They arrived at the cloud dock. Rose jumped off the crimson cloud and went shock over the feeling of the clouds beneath her feet. It was like a ton of pillows or a bunch of giant marshmallows. She ran into the town of clouds without thinking. She was truly in a fantasy land of magic and mythical creatures. Just as she dropped her guard a sharp spear went flying towards her skull from behind. She sensed something coming flying towards but she was too slow to react. Terror and fear consumed her heart. As she turned her head only to see death staring back at her.

Vlad caught the spear inches away from hitting her forehead. His cape was wrapped around her small body. She felt his right hand gripping onto her shoulder. "What do you think you are doing, little missy? Are you running from me or something?" She was still shaking uncomfortably as her heart was pounding in her throat. "I've never seen anything like this before, I got excited." His grip tightened as he pulled her even closer to him. "It's just a cloud island. They are all over the place. Hmm, maybe your memory isn't fully back. And you aren't just putting up a front." She heard a very loud screeching sound. She fell to her knees covering her ears all while whimpering. He looked down at her curiously,"Rose! Are you alright!? I've got bad news! Oh shit." He halted to a stop only to be grabbed by Vlad. "What's this bad news you were mentioning?" Rose opened one of her eyes as the sound disappeared. She looked over it see Vlad was about to kill Zane. "I can't breath..." He struggled against Vlad's death grip. "Vlad!" He looked over at Rose to see her ears and nose were bleeding. He dropped Zane to the ground and scoffed disgusted with this pathetic situation. "Explain yourself, brat." Zane coughed as he recovered from almost dying. "Something went wrong in the Sakura Kingdom, the Shogun's corruption got worse. My friend I was talking about, is now being held captive. On top of that, I'm considered a criminal now. All for plotting against the Shogun." Vlad created a blade of darkness. "Which means you are completely useless to us now, right?" Zane's eyes widened at the sight of Vlad about to kill him. Rose got up and intercepted the blade. She blocked it with a blade of water and wind. "Wait hold on, we still need him." Vlad growled deeply. "Explain!" Zane flinched and whimpered softly at the sound of his deep demonic voice. But Rose kept it together. "His friend is being held hostage but if you came to lavender kingdom to kill the queen. Then that means you need to kill the Shogun too. Just like with Conrad, we will have future allies. If you decide not to kill me and we continue to travel towards my kingdom. Then they will be great help in the future. You are right I'm hiding something from you. But you are hiding a few things from me as well. We both have secrets. Let's just work together for the time being, until we kill the Shogun?" Zane looked confused. Vlad just stared her down. "Alright, fine. But that secret better be worth my time. Or so help me, I'll do more than just devour you." They both made their blades disappear. "Um so, what do mean by your kingdom?" Rose and Vlad looked at him with mixed expressions. "Oh right, that's right. You don't know." Rose looked up at Vlad with nothing but sorrow. His eyes widened slightly. "She's sad? And not scared?"   "Rose?" She looked dejected and depressed as she opened her mouth to speak. "I'm barely keeping it together, I'm losing control over my emotions. I need to figure out how to trigger my ability." 

Before she could tell Zane her real identity she heard danger coming from a few miles away. Something happened to her body earlier, the sound from before triggered her hawk powers. She shouted out loud as she threw her arms out. "I'm the princess of the Rosalind Kingdom! And I will get back home no matter what happens!" A barrier of wind stopped at least a few hundred spears and metallic arrows in place. Vlad's unique eyes activated only to see her magical power has immensely increased since the fight against the Lavender queen. "Whatever happens, huh? Sorry kiddo, but you are dying here in Stormbound City." She was stabbed in her side by a mysterious figure. Vlad and Zane looked back only to see a hooded Beastman. He was a rare species called an Akuma Bunny, and he was grinning devilishly.