Volume 4 Chapter 11: Regret, Revenge, & Redemption?

Previously: Vlad stopped a few feet away from his old friends and said apathetically."I killed Lana and Hanako." Their two hearts gradually were filled with rage and sorrow. "Rose can get home with the Azalea Princess's help. She doesn't need my help. I just wish I could have seen her face one last time." He closed his eyes as he sensed them two swinging their weapons in his direction.

A few minutes before: 

Rose arrives at the throne room and see's Lilith talking to Ori Blackstone. It seems like the daughter of the kraken was being brainwashed. "Lilith!" The devil princess turned only to see and feel Rose hugging her tightly. "We have so much to talk about, regarding our mutual God and the situation of this current war." She whispered softly in her ear. "Indeed we do, but what do we talk about first?" "That's a good question." "I think we should discuss about the war." "Agreed." Rose's conversation with the devil princess was cut short by the feeling of her connection with Vlad about to be harmed. She looked into the direction of where he was located, his thoughts were negative and filled with regret. "What's wrong, Miss Rose?" 

Just as Vlad was going to be "killed" Rose appeared behind him and just barely managed to block their deadly attacks. It seems like her soul connection wasn't just in name only. They both were sent flying into the ground by a huge burst of sharp wind. "What do you think you are doing, Vlad!? You aren't allowed to throw your life away. Because we are now bound together. If you die then I'll feel like an empty shell of a person." He turned around and saw her left palm glowing bright gold. "Rose, how did you..?" She reached out and her left arm stretched out. He was pulled to his knees as she screamed in his face. "Get yourself together!" She shook his shoulders as tears streamed down her face. "I can't lose anyone else! Why are you lying to them!? You aren't a monster! Snap out of it!" He stared at her as he felt all sorts of things in his dark heart. He was feeling so much guilt, regret and sadness just for existing. He didn't want to upset her anymore but he was stuck in his own head. She lowered her arms as she clenched her fists extremely tight. "You aren't evil. You aren't in the wrong. This world is the only one to blame. Take my hand and put your remaining faith in me. I'm here for you, Vlad." He reached out and just as he grabbed her hand. She was impaled by Shun's trident. Jack laughed at her words of encouragement. "What a bunch of bullshit! Who the hell is this bitch trying to convince? Vlad is no longer with us. This imposter is a creature of the night, a monster of violence and disgusting greed." He yanked out the trident leaving three huge holes in her chest. Rose fell forward unable to speak or form a word. Blood came up her throat and poured out of her small mouth. Vlad caught her gently as he screamed out her name internally and externally. All she could manage to say to him with telepathy was,"You aren't a monster, Vlad." His grip on her shoulders failed and so she fell towards his chest. Her warmth slowly disappeared as her body gushed out buckets of blood. His head lowered as he stared at her final facial expression of worry and concern. His breath became shaky as no words came to mind. His blackened heart slowly became locked up again. Darkness in the shape of thorny vines grew in volume and size. Tears of black blood streamed down his face, dripped of his chin and fell on her face. All he could muster to say out loud was,"I failed you." He stood up but kept looking down at her lifeless body. He closed his eyes as his sadness turned into unfathomable bloodlust. All his legendary weapons dropped down from out of his void storage. Even some of his weapons he hasn't shown Rose yet. Thousands of different types of beasts and creatures made out of void were created in a matter of seconds. He grew extra arms and picked up his legendary weapons without saying anything cocky or smug. He was being serious for the first time in several hundred years. He inched towards them at a snails pace. He was taking his time, contradicting his old demeanor. Shun saw the look in his eyes, he saw flashes of when they first met and fought. "Vlad, don't do this, please! I didn't want to fight you. It was Jack who killed her..." He stumbled back in fear as if he was a child again. He lost his nerve almost immediately. His chest became so tight that it hurt to breathe. Jack scoffed disgusted by Shun's attitude,"I for one, don't give a fuck about that brat. She was in my way. And I would've done it again. Peasants like that bitch, don't deserve to…"