Undertaker

Undertaker's words persuaded you to stay, and you did. But that would soon end when the shop doors opened, and Claude stood in the doorway.

   " Well here is a development, isn't it deary? " Undertaker asked, looking at Claude.

Claude didn't step inside, instead stood in the doorway, looking only at you.

   " My master requires your presence. "

   " Your master? " You asked.

   " Yes, Ciel Phantomhive. My master has wondered where you have disappeared for some time now. "

   " But Alois--"

   " Is dead. My master defeated him. "

You were thoroughly confused, but before you could decide or even walk toward the butler, hands were placed on your shoulders. Undertaker's nails rested against the fabric of your clothes, but his hands were firm.

   " Now, it seems the story is trying to pull you back in. What a fun proposition, full of confusion. "

Claude glanced at Undertaker's hands on your shoulders briefly before bringing out a gold butter knife from his coat pocket.

   " This is not a decision. I am merely doing as my master has asked me to do. "

   " Oh, but that wouldn't be fun. " Undertaker said, squeezing your shoulders.

One of Undertaker's hands left your shoulders and reached to his side.

   " And we've not met officially before; therefore, I will give you the benefit of the doubt about me. She will choose who she wishes. "

Everything remained silent in the room, and you thought carefully about your decision. Undertaker would let you walk away without a fight spurring between them, but if you stayed with Undertaker, the fight would break out and may never end. You took a deep breath and sighed, letting the heavy air out of your lungs. Then, you took one step backward, with your back pressing against Undertaker's chest. 

   " Her decision's been made. " Undertaker said, with his natural grin widening.

The gold butter knife in Claude's hand multiplied into four, and Claude threw the knives toward you. A coffin lid flew in front of you, and the blades embedded themselves into the wood. The lid flew to the wall and hit the cobblestone structure before smacking against the ground. Undertaker stood beside you with one arm around your arms and the other, free from throwing the coffin lid.

   " Well, this is going to be fun. "

Undertaker's hair parted and revealed his green eyes to Claude. Then by Undertaker's side, a long scythe appeared. The scythe was long and resembled bone. At the end of the scythe, there was a skeleton, but only from his waist up. The skeleton's spine melded with the scythe while a long blade protruded from the back of the skull's head. Two rings of thorns were wrapped around the skull, and the edge looked sharp.

   " A grim reaper. How unamusing. "

   " You won't say that for long, my friend. My deary has made her decision, so I suggest ye follow it. "

Claude stood in the doorway, thinking about his decision. But he knew he would succeed or fail in his mission, which he didn't mind. Alois was tame with your presence, but Ciel showed attention toward you instead of other matters. Whether Claude could retrieve, you was not the butler's top priority. So he saw that leaving you there would benefit his plan more. But he couldn't come back to his master without wounds.

Claude jumped into the shop while Undertaker jumped backward, taking you with him. Undertaker pushed you behind him while he raised his scythe. Sotoba appeared around, and you grew concerned. Finally, Undertaker turned to you with a smile and pointed to the coffin behind you.

   " Step in, would you? I would hate to see any scarring on your skin. "

   " But- "

   " Forgive me, deary. "

Undertaker pushed you, and your back smacked against the coffin's wood before the door shut. The casket was small. You couldn't move your feet or your hands. You tried to push on the door with your shoulder, but it wouldn't move.

   " Undertaker! "

You could hear the battle happening beyond the piece of wood in front of you. Desperately you tried to open the coffin door, but it wouldn't open no matter how hard you pushed against it. The fighting continued, and before you knew it, gold butter knives embedded themselves in the wood in front of you. Only the tips went through the wood, and you could see the gold tips. The coffin shifted a little bit and fell to its side, hitting the ground, but the coffin didn't move after that, and the fighting ceased. It was silent, all except for footsteps walking closer and closer to the coffin.

   " Undertaker! Let me out! "

The gold butter knives embedded in the lid were taken out, and the coffin opened,

   " Well, the wood for this lid is ruined now. I'll have to order a new one. "Undertaker said, frowning at the ruined lid.

The room behind Undertaker was a mess; blood was splattered on the walls, but there was no blood on Undertaker's clothes. The skeletal death scythe was gone, and so was the sotoba. Undertaker watched your eyes wander around the room, and he showed you a small smile. Undertaker placed his hand on your head, bringing your attention to his green eyes.

   " That demon is gone, deary. He left with significant injuries, but he won't be back. "

You stepped out of the coffin, and Undertaker stood to his full height, still looking down at you. His hand left your head, and you looked around the parts of the room you couldn't see from in the coffin. The shelves were knocked down, and one of the coffins was destroyed.

   " This is a wreck. "

   " Yes, and he ruined my coffins. " Undertaker said with his smile disappearing.

You looked toward the coffin that was destroyed, and Undertaker seemed to be upset. Undertaker kicked the pieces of wood before turning toward you, and a smile appeared on his lips.

   " This one was yours, but I'll have to make you a better one. "

Undertaker slowly walked toward you and raised his hand to your cheek. His thumb grazed your skin with his black nail, gently moving over your skin.

   " Especially, since I'll be the one reaping your soul. "

Undertaker kissed your forehead before leaving you to close the shop door, and start cleaning, the shop. You helped Undertaker clean the shop and throw away the broken glass, wood, and bone pieces. After everything was cleaned, you sat in a large coffin with Undertaker beside you, with his bangs covering his eyes. The fire was remade before you, and the embers sparked and flew through the air. Undertaker's hands were on his knees while he leaned forward and smiled at the fire.

   " So, you don't think Claude will come back? "

   " I don't believe so. He seemed to do little and only leaned into my scythe earlier. Safe to say you're safe from that demon. "

   " What's going to happen now? "

Undertaker turned his head toward you and leaned closer.

   " Now, their stories will close. And yours can continue, deary. "

Undertaker rested his head on yours and stared at the fire. You shifted your head to lay on his shoulder, and together you sat watching the fire, feeling the calming atmosphere. The smoke floated through the broken window, the skulls on fire crackled, the sparks hitting the floor as you and Undertaker leaned against each other in comfortable silence.