Chapter 29: High Illness and Emotions

" Anyone seen my headpiece? "

" Here it is. "

" Oi, there aren't enough knives! Where are the spares!? "

" Here! "

" It's almost showtime, so look lively! "

It was chaotic in the main tent as everyone was getting ready for the show. You ran around helping everyone get their needed supplies and bringing them back up in case they needed it. Ciel and Sebastian were in the same circumstance as you were. William was also helping around, and when everyone was out of the tent, Ciel ran up to you and Sebastian after you finished organizing the costumes.

" Sebastian! Y/n! Freckles isn't watching. Let's check the tents right now. We'll get it done in ten minutes. "

" Yes, my lord. "

" Alright. "

Together you walked out of the tent and started heading toward the living quarters but were stopped by Joker.

" Black! "

Joker's jacket was gone, revealing the long white sleeves of his shirt. Wendy was on his back, holding his shoulders, while her partner Peter ran beside Joker. Joker stopped in front of Sebastian, looking worried but desperate.

" We've got trouble! Old Wendy's twisted 'er ankle! The show's already on, so I need 'ee to take her place! "

" But surely I'm not a fit substitute. . ."

" Fit and ready, me 'ansome. We'll count on 'ee. 'Ee haven't much time, so be quick! "

Joker disappeared among the carts, tents, and cages with the two acrobats. You turned toward your two companions, and Ciel gestured for Sebastian to go.

" Go, Y/n, and I will take care of it. But don't be long. When you're finished, immediately come to me, that's an order. "

" Will you be alright, without me, my lord? "

" Yes, Y/n, can get through the snakes. "

Sebastian nodded and ran off, leaving you alone with Ciel. Together you ran toward the baby blue tents, and you could see the snakes on the ground. You easily stepped into the area, but Ciel was hesitant. You took his hand with yours, pulled him in, and started walking through the snakes. Not one snake attacked you or Ciel since they had gotten used to you, and you led the way, covering for Ciel.

You went toward the first tent and opened the flap, walking inside with Ciel behind you. The tent was bare, except for a bed, mirror, lantern, and a trunk with a photograph on top of it, framed.

" These are certainly bare quarters. " Ciel said, walking toward the suitcase.

" Not all of them are. Beast's is decorated in red and black. "

Ciel picked up the photograph, and you looked at the photo behind him. The picture consisted of children, and it looked like it was all of the first stringers, but there was an odd man out in the photo. There was a man that stood next to Joker and was older. His face was round, and he had a square mustache with sideburns and thick eyebrows.

" Who is this? "

" I don't know, but if he's in a photo with all of the first stringers, where is he now? "

" I don't know, but let's keep looking. "

You led Ciel through each tent and helped him look through their items. Each time, the snakes were docile and wouldn't attack. You were in Beast's tent now, and he was searching. He went through her trunk and found a photograph. It was a young Beast with the same old man.