Chapter 41: Goodbye Trancy

In the morning, you awoke to find that you were asleep in your bed. You didn't remember falling asleep in your bed but in Alois' after changing his bandages. Sitting on your bed, you looked out the window and realized that you had slept the morning away. The sun was in the sky still but halfway toward setting.

   " I must have really been exhausted. "

You stepped out of your bed and looked around the manor for signs of anyone. All you saw were the twins, but when you went to the front steps, you spotted Alois climbing in a carriage, with Hannah helping him. His bandages were bleeding, and his face contorted in pain.  

   " Alois? "

You stepped outside and quickly stepped down the stairs. Then, quickly, you made your way to Alois's side. You helped Hannah set him in the carriage while Hannah climbed to the driver's seat in front of the carriage.

   " Alois, what's going on? Where are you going? "

Alois turned his head toward you, and he stared at you deep in the eyes. His dominant hand was occupied holding his wrapping together, but his free hand stretched toward your face and held your face in his hand.

   " Y/n, thank you for staying with me, unlike everyone else. Even Claude. "

   " What? "

   " I'm going to Ciel Phantomhive to tell him the truth. Stay here, until I get back, if I ever come back. "

Alois pushed against your head, and you stumbled back from the carriage. You caught your footing and stood tall as the carriage started to ride away. The carriage just drove away as you stood at the bottom of the steps, the sun lowering. Then, you stepped into the manor, feeling something twist and turn within you. Something bitter.

   ' I'm tired of this! '

You looked toward the stairs, ran up to the room Alois had provided and burst into your room. Quickly you changed into maneuverable clothes and decided against anything tight-fitting. 

   ' I'm tired of sitting on the side lines and being the woman in distress. I want to help, but I'm being put to the side out of 'safety.' Goodness sake, I have demons around me almost every day; what's even more unsafe than that? '

After finally changing, you slipped into comfortable boots for running and wearing. Quickly, you left your room and ran outside, but upon stepping through the entrance doors, you spotted Claude standing at the last step, looking toward the direction his master had ridden off. 

   " Claude, what are you doing? "

Claude remained silent and didn't speak. His back remained turned to you. His specks were placed on top of his head, and his posture was straight.

   " I will retrieve his highness. "

Then, as fast as lighting, Claude started running off. He ran in the direction that Alois had ridden off, but you still felt a bitter feeling, and you knew something was going to go wrong. You ran toward the stables to grab a horse. Any that you could find would work, but time was not on your side. Finally, you found a horse left on its lonesome and unleashed it from its stable. Throwing on a quick saddle, you started riding toward the direction everyone had gone, with the sun setting behind you.

   ' I don't know what's going to happen, but I need to get there, and help Alois. '

The sun slowly dipped behind the horizon and threw darkness onto the world. You were lost in the night with the moon guiding you until you came upon a broken-down carriage. The carriage was on its side, and on the ground nearby was Hannah. 

   " Hannah! "

You jumped off the horse and ran toward Hannah. The maid turned her head to look at you, and you saw blood trail from her mouth, with a massive gash in her stomach. 

   " My lady. "

   " Hannah, what happened? "

   " A tree. . .fell in front of the carriage, and we crashed. . .a strange man with red hair, and a chainsaw, jumped on us to attack his highness. Please. . .check on his highness. "

Without hesitance, you ran toward the carriage and pulled the door open but saw no one inside. Looking around, you couldn't find any trace of him until you spotted a trail of blood leading away from the crash. Quickly, you ran after the trail. You ran through the woods with branches cutting you and your dress, but you continued running without worrying about the dress or torn skin. 

Eventually, you got to a clearing and spotted a lone tree, where a wolf's body lay lifeless on the ground, with blood pouring onto the grass. Beside the tree, you saw Alois kneeling, and Claude was on the ground in front of him, with Alois's head held between Claude's hands. 

   " Alois! "

Alois's eyes shifted toward you, and you made eye contact with him. His blue eyes looked almost happy, but you could see a twinge of sadness within the blue pupils. But then his head was crushed by the butler in front of him. Standing up, Claude held Alois's gold and ruby ring in his hand. You felt your legs shake at sight, and Alois's body fell to the ground.  

   " Oh, hello there my little human! I didn't expect you to be here! " A flamboyant voice said, hugging your side.

Grell hugged your side thinking nothing of the body while you felt remorse, regret, and fear of the demon in front of you. For what was a demon without its master?