Chapter 30: The Viceroy

' I should have told Beast to move her little session somewhere else. I'm exhausted. '

You rested your head on your legs as you yawned. After you realized that Joker knew what was happening, you planned to tell Sebastian and Ciel. Unfortunately, Sebastian was occupied at the time, and Ciel was sleeping with Doll in his bed, leaving no one to tell. And with no room, you sat outside and waited for dawn to break. Thankfully it was dawn now, but you were still tired. Your eyes were on the verge of closing, but you raised your head when you heard shoes coming.

   " My lady, did you not rest well? "

Sebastian looked down at you with a worried yet bored expression. You were not the only one in the area, but the reaper was standing near. Behind him, Ciel had his arms around Sebastian's shoulders and his legs interlocked around the butler's waist. Ciel was conscious and looking down at you with his face still red.

   " No, someone was in Beast's tent, not allowing me to sleep there. "

   " I am sorry, my lady. You shall rest when we get back to the townhouse. If you would. . .I can carry you in my arms, while my master clings to my back. "

   " Are you sure? "

   " Yes. "

Sebastian crouched low to the ground and put his arms around you before standing. Sebastian's weight on his back balanced with your weight in the front, allowing him to walk easier. Sebastian started walking forward, but after turning the corner, William was there, waiting.

   " We've finished our business here, so we'll be taking our leave. " Sebastian said without making contact with William.

   " Feel free. I don't care where you go, as long as your master is with you. "

Sebastian continued walking to the homestead. You fell asleep on the way, and when you arrived at the homestead, Prince Soma's yelling woke you up.

   " Where have you been?! You left for two days without a word! "

   " Welcome home. "

   " That's none of your affair. Now, let me through. "

You slowly opened your eyes and realized you weren't in Sebastian's arms anymore. Instead, Ciel was walking through the doorway, holding your body close to his; even in his sick state, he still cared for you. His back was slightly hunched over, but he was walking quickly.

   " What's wrong? You look pale! And Y/n, looks extremely fatigued. "

   " It's nothing serious. Just leave us be. "

   " It is serious! "

Ciel started walking up the stairs, with Sebastian behind him, holding the earl close. Prince Soma, persistent, followed Your trio up the stairs.

   " You've obviously caught a cold! You probably have a fev--"

   " No. My temperature is normal. "

   " You're lying! "

   " No, I'm not! "

   " Ciel! "

Sebastian shut the bedroom door behind himself as you entered the bedroom. Ciel walked to the soft bed and set you down on the sheets. He laid beside you, letting his back relax against the bed. He took off his raggedy scarf and threw it off the bed and to the floor as Sebastian put on new white gloves.

   " You are fond of secrets and lies, aren't you, master? You've been chronically ill since infancy, and I had no idea. Why did you never tell me? "

   " You didn't ask, so I didn't answer. Besides, I grew out of it. "

   " Is that right? Still, no harm in being cautious. I'll read a medical text on asthma, just in case. "

You started to space out from the conversation and sleep deeply. Finally, you turned to get comfortable on the bed and slowly fell asleep. Sebastian, however, had gotten Ciel dressed adequately for an outing. After getting dressed in his usual blue attire, he looked down at you and softly petted your hair. Sebastian adjusted your position on the bed, where your head was lying on a pillow, and your body was under the duvet. However, you were woken later by Prince Soma's same yelling.

   " Don't assume you'll have an easy time escaping the town house I protect! I know you've caught a cold. As the viceroy of this estate and your dear friend, I cannot allow it! "

   " Who made you my 'dear friend'? Don't be daft! "

   " Agni! Don't let Ciel past you! "

You sat up on the bed and looked over at the commotion going on by the door. You rubbed your eyes, not fully awake. Agni was standing in the room's doorway, blocking it, while Ciel stood between Agni and Prince Soma.

   " Listen, you lot. . .I have work to do! Step aside! "

   " A sick person's job is to stay in bed and be looked after! "

   " I'm not like you! I can manage--"

   " Ciel. " You called.

Ciel turned your way, coughing roughly. He had his cane clutched tightly in his hand and wobbled a bit, but he listened carefully to your words.

   " Go rest. Don't make us all worry for you more. We've made a lot of progress in the investigation so we can do it all tomorrow. I am very exhausted, so please listen, to them, so I may rest in peace. "

Ciel stood on his own for a few moments before walking to you. Then, he sat on the bed, close to you, and held your hand in his. He knew you were exhausted, so he nodded and rested his cane on the ground.

   " Fine. I'll rest for today. Scoot over. "

   " Thank you. "

You shifted a little to allow Ciel space to get underneath the bed sheets. Prince Soma and Agni were stunned, seeing how your one simple act led Ciel to conform. Sebastian wasn't surprised by the action, but he kept his eyes on his young master. However, before Ciel could get comfortable, he was grabbed underneath his arms and pulled off the bed. Prince Soma held Ciel as he looked at him.

   " What are you doing!? "

   " You can't sleep with a lady! She needs her own rest, and you could spread your cold to her. We'll move you to another room! "

   " We've slept in the same room before--"

   " No matter! Let's get you to a new room. "

   " Wait! Stop! "

Ciel was promptly dragged out of your room by the young prince. Sebastian walked toward your bed, shaking his head.

   " I think you should tell him to do things more often. He only follows your word, my lady. "

   " Is that a good thing? "

   " Yes. Now, rest. Tomorrow we will continue the investigation, and my master will be healthy by dawn. "

   " Alright. "

You rested your head against the pillows again, and Sebastian left the room. Agni was the only one left, and he kneeled beside your bed with his hands prayingly.

   " Sleep, well, my lady. I shall let you try my tea when you wake up. "

   " Your tea? "

   " Yes! While you were away, I learned to make a special tea! My prince seemed to enjoy its pleasantries, and I wish you to also indulge in the delicious tea. "

   " I'm looking forward, to it Agni. "

   " Rest well. "

Agni stood and left your room, allowing you to get some sleep. You rested your head back against the soft pillows and drifted off into your unconsciousness.